Honda Element Owners Club banner

2007 100,000 mile service?

14K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Wil1974 
#1 ·
I have 103,000 miles on my 07 E and am wondering what maintenance should be done. I've been changing the oil every 3000 miles. I've given up trying to decifer those maintenance codes. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
Geez, and I thought turning over 20k on mine today was a lot..... :razz::razz:

Since you do that much driving, might suggest changing your oil less often (you're on the highway most, right?), using synthetic oil with a GOOD filter. Not trying to insult your intelligence or maintenance (preventive maintenance is ALWAYS a good thing), I'm just thinking about how much you're spending..... :-o:razz:
5-7K miles between OCs should be more than plenty, again, based on your mileage.... :rolleyes::):D

You should be in the million mile club by, what, 2015??!! :evil:

#4 ·
I don't have a 2006 service schedule. I don't pay myself since its a company car and I have a valvoline fleet card for any maintenance they provide. I drive it pretty hard, so I want to take care of the servicing schedule, such as tranny, differential service, etc. Any advice is appreciated.

#7 ·
Regards 2005 Element 100k maintenance

I am almost at 100k, and I keep getting these notices - one says $600-ish for the dealer to do the 100k maint - which seems to include changing the timing belt - is that needed - or??

So, if these Elements are like the Mazda, they have the 'plastic-like' timing belt vs. ye olde tried and true 'timing chain,' and it has to be changed about every 120k miles. In the guides so far, I find NOTHING about recommended changing of "timing belt."

ALSO: Conventional wisdom ALWAYS has held that you DO NOT change the transmission fluid, UNLESS you have some issue or problem, or you know for a fact that it has gotten dirty. It is a 'sealed system' - and in the old days, some folks lived by "Change tranny fluid every 100k!"

With the newer engines, etc., about 10 years ago, I was told "NEVER change tranny fluid (in an automatic) unless there is a problem."

Has that changed? Is there any real benefit? I suppose, like with regular oil, the tranny fluid can lose some of its... viscosity and effectiveness as a lubricant?

Yes, I am a conservative driver. Have not flipped the 100k yet.

The index page that RamblerDan sent the link for, well, it did not allow any of it's own "index page links" to work, so it basically only allowed me to view the index page itself.

BUT I CONFIRMED IT IS A Firefox problem, so

My apologies to RamblerDan.

If you use IE to go to the link that RamblerDan provided, then the index page links in the PDF work just fine. I shall make a note of that.

BUT, due to the freaking way that this PDF rendering of the Owner's guide works with BOTH IE & Firefox, basically it allows ONLY a few pages to be viewed at a time! SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!? Guys, ladies, folks, HOW do we download the ENTIRE Element Owner's Manual in PDF form?

Using the link RamdlerDan sent, I can download only "one section at a time," which is a HUGE waste of time. :-(

Thanks!

#9 ·
The index page that RamblerDan sent the link for, well, it did not allow any of it's own "index page links" to work, so it basically only allowed me to view the index page itself.

BUT I CONFIRMED IT IS A Firefox problem, so

My apologies to RamblerDan.

If you use IE to go to the link that RamblerDan provided, then the index page links in the PDF work just fine. I shall make a note of that.

BUT, due to the freaking way that this PDF rendering of the Owner's guide works with BOTH IE & Firefox, basically it allows ONLY a few pages to be viewed at a time! SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!? Guys, ladies, folks, HOW do we download the ENTIRE Element Owner's Manual in PDF form?

Using the link RamdlerDan sent, I can download only "one section at a time," which is a HUGE waste of time. :-(

Thanks!
Oooch! It must be a problem with one of those new flaky versions of Firefox then 'cause that's what I use and all the links are functional.

If you can't find the manual in one, giant, easy to download file, you can either download each link separately by right clicking (Um, I forgot. Find out what's wrong with your copy of Firefox first) or use any freeware web sucking program to pull all of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.