|02-16-2017, 04:50 PM||#1|
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: West Virginia
Longtime Lurker, finally joined...
I have been using this site for the better part of 13 years, and decided it was time to join (About time right)
My family's journey into the Element world began in 03 with leasing new EX 5MT AWD, we then traded that in on a Honda Odyssey. Big mistake, as within 4 months traded it in on a 06 EX-P AWD AT. Once the lease ran out on that we were back in another minivan, and another non Element Honda.
Returned to the element in 2014, when I picked up an 06 EX AWD AT which I then proceeded to do the upgrades/fixes I wanted to do:
1) Fixed ”Rocking chair" drivers seat - Found the TSB fix for it on this site
2) Installed Aries Brush Guard, with a 20” LED light bar. (used Honda factory fog light harness and switch and purchased an after marked fog light cut the connector off soldered it to the light bar and plugged it into one side of the fog light harness. That way if I want to go factory fogs wiring is already there.
3) Installed OEM Trailer Hitch, and OEM Wiring harness (was able to find that on amazon)
4) Installed Yakima Roof rack
5) In channel vent visors and bug deflector
6) Cover King Ballistic seat covers front, OEM Element seat covers rear
7) Both airbags replaced
Just purchased another Element last week: 05 LX AWD 5MT, this one needs some work but picked it up for a great price, with the following replaced before I purchased:
1) Replacement Engine (not sure how many miles are on it, but will track down vin# and then run a carfax report on that vin)
2) New Clutch, Starter, Front struts, spark plugs and oil and filter.
Here is what I have to done/to do so far:
3) Replaced rotors and pads on all 4 wheels. However calipers are extremely rusty so I will be replacing all 4 this weekend.
4) Need to get passenger side airbag replaced (driver side was done)
4) Installed OEM roof rack (had these sitting around from my EX)
5) Installed OEM trailer hitch
- NOW I NEED TO FIND THE OEM WIRING HARNESS
- I got lucky when I ordered the one for my 06, and now I can’t find one to save my life because it has been discontinued. My biggest pet peeve so far is that I have found sites that have them listed as in stock only to get an e-mail after I order to say it has been discontinued an the order has been cancelled.
- I need to find a solution as I have 2 kayak trailers that I will be towing
(1 to leave at river entry point, 1 to leave at river exit both towed by each Element)
There are a lot more upgrades I will be doing, hence the reason I finally joined. There are a lot of good write ups on here as well as other great information. I do have the factory service manual, but sometimes it is easier to search here to find out some of the pitfalls involved in some of the upgrades.
The family's rides: 05 Honda Element LX (MT), 06 Honda Element EX (AT)
|02-16-2017, 11:37 PM||#2|
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2010 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Multi Element family - cool. Shine 'em up and show us some picks. Welcome to the EOC.
|02-17-2017, 12:21 PM||#3|
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Welcome to the forums! and good luck on finding the harness.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Finally joined||Carmody'sPrize||Greetings & Introductions||1||01-11-2017 05:13 PM|
|Finally Joined!||Bradrd88||Greetings & Introductions||1||09-12-2016 10:06 PM|
|Hello all, longtime lurker deciding to rejoin||Seattle Ehawk||Greetings & Introductions||11||02-17-2015 08:44 PM|
|Forum Lurker finally joined||2radE's||Greetings & Introductions||4||04-11-2010 07:58 AM|
|Former Lurker finally Joins||ParticleMan||Greetings & Introductions||17||05-13-2008 06:41 PM|