Longtime Lurker, finally joined... - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Element Owners Club > Greetings & Introductions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Element Owner
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Smile Longtime Lurker, finally joined...

Hello everyone,

I have been using this site for the better part of 13 years, and decided it was time to join (About time right)

My family's journey into the Element world began in 03 with leasing new EX 5MT AWD, we then traded that in on a Honda Odyssey. Big mistake, as within 4 months traded it in on a 06 EX-P AWD AT. Once the lease ran out on that we were back in another minivan, and another non Element Honda.

Returned to the element in 2014, when I picked up an 06 EX AWD AT which I then proceeded to do the upgrades/fixes I wanted to do:

1) Fixed ”Rocking chair" drivers seat - Found the TSB fix for it on this site
2) Installed Aries Brush Guard, with a 20” LED light bar. (used Honda factory fog light harness and switch and purchased an after marked fog light cut the connector off soldered it to the light bar and plugged it into one side of the fog light harness. That way if I want to go factory fogs wiring is already there.
3) Installed OEM Trailer Hitch, and OEM Wiring harness (was able to find that on amazon)
4) Installed Yakima Roof rack
5) In channel vent visors and bug deflector
6) Cover King Ballistic seat covers front, OEM Element seat covers rear
7) Both airbags replaced

Just purchased another Element last week: 05 LX AWD 5MT, this one needs some work but picked it up for a great price, with the following replaced before I purchased:
1) Replacement Engine (not sure how many miles are on it, but will track down vin# and then run a carfax report on that vin)
2) New Clutch, Starter, Front struts, spark plugs and oil and filter.

Here is what I have to done/to do so far:
3) Replaced rotors and pads on all 4 wheels. However calipers are extremely rusty so I will be replacing all 4 this weekend.
4) Need to get passenger side airbag replaced (driver side was done)
4) Installed OEM roof rack (had these sitting around from my EX)
5) Installed OEM trailer hitch
- NOW I NEED TO FIND THE OEM WIRING HARNESS
- I got lucky when I ordered the one for my 06, and now I can’t find one to save my life because it has been discontinued. My biggest pet peeve so far is that I have found sites that have them listed as in stock only to get an e-mail after I order to say it has been discontinued an the order has been cancelled.
- I need to find a solution as I have 2 kayak trailers that I will be towing
(1 to leave at river entry point, 1 to leave at river exit both towed by each Element)

There are a lot more upgrades I will be doing, hence the reason I finally joined. There are a lot of good write ups on here as well as other great information. I do have the factory service manual, but sometimes it is easier to search here to find out some of the pitfalls involved in some of the upgrades.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
EZ hauler
2010 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

Multi Element family - cool. Shine 'em up and show us some picks. Welcome to the EOC.
EZ hauler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Xvoltm2
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Welcome to the forums! and good luck on finding the harness.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #4
Element Owner
2006 4WD EX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Holy Crap... just found OEM Harness for 2005-2006 E on eBay for $99. My "new" E is well on it way to being upgraded. Will post pics of both E's soon....
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Element Owners Club > Greetings & Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.