Seat rock (2003–06) / TSB 03-032 - Page 21 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #201
aznsyco
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 2WD EX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Thanks for all the great info guys.
aznsyco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #202
Zubo
2003 4WD EX 5AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Any dyi instructions?

Does anyone have any how-to help on fixing this?
Checked YouTube but found nada
Zubo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #203
Okeyban
2011 4WD LX AT

Hi all,

I have 2011 lx and am having this same rocking issue. The dealership told me today I would have to replace the entire driver seat! Aka >$1000 in parts labor. I showed them the PDF of the bolts bushings and they say the newer models have a different mechanism.

Just hoping someone else with a later year element has found a solution for this?? Pretty desperate as the cost is just insane.
Okeyban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #204
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Crankypants
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

The 2007-up seats are completely different. Still I don't trust what your dealer told you.* Start by looking at the parts diagram and see if it shows bushings with distinct part numbers. You also need to make sure there isn't something else wrong with the seat base, e.g. a loose or missing bolt or a broken weld.

*For one thing, you can't even buy an entire driver's seat, only a collection of subassemblies. Why replace the seat back, for example, if the problem is in the base?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #205
Okeyban
2011 4WD LX AT

I agree. Can't believe they were quoting me at >1000.

I examined under the seat with a flashlight. Just notice like a 1-5mm rocking on the front left side. The seat rails look solid. I can see the seat bottom rocking in the inside the railing. I almost want to shove something under it (like napkins under a rocky chair at a restaurant haha).

I'm thinking of taking to an outside mechanic to take a look. Dealership is definitely not gonna help me.
Okeyban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #206
lizzurd
Moderator Eh?
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeyban View Post
I agree. Can't believe they were quoting me at >1000.

I examined under the seat with a flashlight. Just notice like a 1-5mm rocking on the front left side. The seat rails look solid. I can see the seat bottom rocking in the inside the railing. I almost want to shove something under it (like napkins under a rocky chair at a restaurant haha).

I'm thinking of taking to an outside mechanic to take a look. Dealership is definitely not gonna help me.
I looked at the parts diagrams and FSM. There are no replaceable pats in the lower seat frame. I also couldn't find any TSB's for repair this style of seat frame. You can always ask Honda for goodwill assistance on the repair.
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #207
Macachleirich
2005 4WD EX AT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Driver's seat rocks temporary fix

Hey folks, new to this forum. My seat started doing this after my friend (heavy set individual) borrowed my Element. Think his weight damaged the seat height adjuster bushings. Recently came across the TSB 03-032 also. The repair looks complex. Most likely why service departments don't want to touch it or want you to replace the whole seat assembly. I may attempt to do it myself.

My temporary fix: .5 inch x 4 inch wooden dowel. Turn the seat adjuster to max height, slide the dowel under where the seat raises up along the inboard track (seat belt buckle side), then lower the seat onto the dowel. Unfortunately, the seat has to stay in the lower position, but it stopped the rocking motion when I stop and go.

Hope this helps.

~Mike

Last edited by Macachleirich; 04-17-2017 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Attachement
Macachleirich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #208
sapien
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macachleirich View Post
Recently came across the TSB 03-032 also. The repair looks complex.
it's not, takes maybe half an hour and a little care not to break any plastic parts. the repair kit is still available at https://www.handa-accessories.com/eoc.html
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.