Storage armrest alternatives - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Nolan
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Storage armrest alternatives

I recently purchased a 2007 Element EX. So far I'm loving it, except it came with the storage armrest, and I don't like the armrest. It's uncomfortable and makes reaching the parking break and cup holders difficult. I looked on ebay for the slim armrests, and they were $250-300 (way too expensive for an armrest, in my mind). So, my questions are:

Does anyone have a driver's side slim armrest they want to part with?
Anyone know if another Honda model's (or another car brand entirely) armrest will fit the Element?
Anyone have ideas for a comfortable DIY armrest that will allow me to access parking break and cup holders with ease?

Thanks everyone!
Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
KGAWDTSi
2007 4WD EX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

I will trade you my stock 07 EX driver armrest for your storage armrest
KGAWDTSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
partsbin
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 4WD EX MT
Other

depending on where you are located, i am willing to trade and give you money on top.
partsbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Crankypants
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Welcome, Nolan.

The storage armrest is in the way of the hand brake and cupholders while flipped up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
elementalqueries
2005 4WD EX 5AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
I recently purchased a 2007 Element EX. So far I'm loving it, except it came with the storage armrest, and I don't like the armrest. It's uncomfortable and makes reaching the parking break and cup holders difficult. I looked on ebay for the slim armrests, and they were $250-300 (way too expensive for an armrest, in my mind). So, my questions are:

Does anyone have a driver's side slim armrest they want to part with?
Anyone know if another Honda model's (or another car brand entirely) armrest will fit the Element?
Anyone have ideas for a comfortable DIY armrest that will allow me to access parking break and cup holders with ease?

Thanks everyone!
What color interior do you have? I might be open to parting with mine.
elementalqueries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #6
partsbin
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 4WD EX MT
Other

elementalqueries, you said on another thread your passengers noticed it was something you added on. which armrest do you have?
partsbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #7
Nolan
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblerdan View Post
Welcome, Nolan.

The storage armrest is in the way of the hand brake and cupholders while flipped up?
The storage armrest is not in the way of the parking break and cup holders when flipped up, but every time I flip the storage armrest up and down, all the stuff gets jumbled around inside, which is annoying.

I'm not looking to trade it just yet, because I'd like to try a stock armrest first to see if it solves my problem. So, really, I am looking to buy a stock armrest, frankenstein one off another type of vehicle, or DIY one.

Or... I'd be open to ideas for a center console modification with an armrest.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Crankypants
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
every time I flip the storage armrest up and down, all the stuff gets jumbled around inside
Simple storage armrest modification

Last edited by ramblerdan; 05-17-2017 at 12:52 PM.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #9
Nolan
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Grey interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.