DIY brackets for using rear seats at home? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #1
tanmet06
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

DIY brackets for using rear seats at home?

Sometimes I take out the rear seats of my Element for weeks at a time, and store them in my "man cave" in the basement.

I was wondering if anyone has made a set of brackets that emulate those in the Honda that I could attach the seats to in the basement, which would allow me to sit on the rear seats at home in the man cave.

Hey, they already have cupholders built in, and they recline with a headrest - what's not to like about that in a man cave?

Any ideas would be appreciated, and photos even better.
tanmet06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
E:ndiana
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I'm also interested in this. I have had one seat in my basement since i bought my E, I would have both but I have to haul the kid around. I've briefly thought about how it could be mounted, but that's as far as I got. I'd like to get some use out of it instead of it just taking up space.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
Popenator
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

I hate to burst your bubble but a two hour movie in those seats would have you squirming from discomfort. If you have ever been a rear passenger in the E on a long trip you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. But still a good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is a white flag planted in the fortress of a rebel heart.
Popenator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
cursh
2004 4WD EX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Better than no seat though . . .
, bigger battery, dash mount for phone, rear hatch handle & lock, red dash and cluster lights, de-blued interior, Lincoln Town Car wheels with Hankook Dyna pro 225/75r16 A/T tires, LED cab over lights & hardwired bluetooth to factory EX stereo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1975 Honda CB360
1973 MGB
cursh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
cursh
2004 4WD EX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

this post may help you . . . and I assume you've got the hardware end in your E for measurements.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...2&postcount=15

I'd suggest pulling the paneling, reinstalling the seat in the car and see what is functional.
, bigger battery, dash mount for phone, rear hatch handle & lock, red dash and cluster lights, de-blued interior, Lincoln Town Car wheels with Hankook Dyna pro 225/75r16 A/T tires, LED cab over lights & hardwired bluetooth to factory EX stereo.

1975 Honda CB360
1973 MGB
cursh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
E:ndiana
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I've been wanting to do something like this. I was going to try to build one that used the mounting brackets, but decided to keep it simple for now. This morning I threw together a base for my seat. Right now it sits low, but it's comfy for when playing my Nintendos! It would be easy to make it higher.

I used 5 pieces of wood, each cut to 20". 3 are 2x4, one is 1x6, and one is 1x3. I wrapped a bungee cord underneath the base and up to the LATCH hooks to hold it in place. Works great for what I use it for. Seat sits level, is quite comfortable, and has a cup (bottle) holder!

Any questions? Need more pics?
Attached Images

E:ndiana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #7
jgutty16
2006 2WD EX MT
Rallye Red (RR)

Back Seat Furniture

Hey everyone,

I am just beginning to make some modifications to the rear space of my
'06 E. Since I haul around bikes on camping trips I typically keep my two rear seats in my garage where they sit around collecting dust. I was thinking that instead of buying new furniture for my apartment I would try and make a base platform for one of the rear seats and use that instead.

Has anyone heard of a project like this before or have any tips on securing the seats to a wood / metal base?
jgutty16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #8
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Crankypants
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Welcome, Jgutty16.

Threads merged; see above.

ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Tags
brackets , rear seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.