Washer fluid pump failure, front & back - Page 5 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #41
Dom.five
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2006 4WD EXS AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Under the Middle of the dash ! See Photo. C501 is the plug. that goes to the multiplex control unit. It's the white/Green wire coming off of pin # F6 in the under dash Fuse/Relay box.

Dom
Attached Images

Home made Grill guard, Blacked out lower front bumper trim,and Grill, Undercoating, Vent-Visors, Bug deflector, EOC Sticker, Honda Floor mats, Honda Wheel locks, Eurotech Engineering Fog lights, Dual tone Horn from a junk Caddie, Oh and the 2.98$ walfart windshield tint strip, that's got to go when EOC puts one out. U-haul hitch with factory Honda harness. Garmin GPSmap276C True, I've been IRV'ed , : Misfits waNNAbe's

We love our E's !! ___ We are A 2 E family !
Dom.five is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #42
bh241
EOC Rank: Iron
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets022 View Post
My rear pump is working and confirmed that the plug for the rear pump gets electricity. I wired the front pump using the plug for the rear pump and nothing. This means that the front pump is dead and gets no electricity. The fluid lines work fine since I ended up switching the lines for the front with the rear.
Am I reading this right? To me it really sounds like you have a bad pump.

Did you power the front pump with the wiring for the rear pump and it still didn't work? or am I totally mis-reading your post?

bh241 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #43
lizzurd
I'LL Be Back......Maybe..
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh241 View Post
Am I reading this right? To me it really sounds like you have a bad pump.

Did you power the front pump with the wiring for the rear pump and it still didn't work? or am I totally mis-reading your post?

Good catch Benny . After re-reading the original post i come up with the same thing.

Bad pump. Not an uncommon issue on older E's.

I
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #44
ApriliaGuy
2004 4WD EXS AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

It sounds like the op is saying that the front pump tests bad because it won't work when activaded by the rear wires/switch, but the rear pump works fine.

When the rear pump connected to the front wires/switch it won't work either.

(Kinda what I get from the post)

Therefore....the switch/wires to the front pump don't work and the front pump itself won't work. __________________________________________________ ___________

I find this odd.....not impossible, but not likely either. From experience, I know testing wires/switches to a little bitty pump on the front right corner of a car w/ the switch located in the cabin is difficult.

The pump is prolly bad (as per testing) so it'll need replacement anyway. After installing new pump check the wires/switch connections to that pump. Pay carefull attention to grounds. :wink:

Good luck.

Will
Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #45
jets022
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD EX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Thanks for the replies.

My pump is bad because it will not work when it is connected to the front or rear electrical plug. Common problem and I agree with everyone on this.

The wiring for the front fails to provide electricity. I tested this using a volt meter at the terminas on the plug. I also tested the rear wiring to make sure that I was measuring voltage the right way. The first time I made a mistake and used AC instead of DC. The fact that I get a voltage reading from the rear wiring leads me to believe that I should also see a voltage reading for the front wiring if I use the same method.

Everything for the rear works: pump, wiring, and tubing. For now, I switched the tubing between rear and front pumps.

I plan to replace the front pump but that won't solve my problem since it will not get electricity. I will try to measure voltage from pin # F6 on plug C501 under the dash like Dom.five suggested.

Should I splice the wire leading to the pin to connect the positive on the volt meter with the negative touching the car frame?

Edit: I think I will retest with the help of another person. To test I inserted the leads on the volt meter into the plug, positive to positive and neg to neg. I placed the volt meter on the hood and went inside to activate the switch. It is possible that a kink in the wires prevented a reading so I will try again.

Last edited by jets022; 04-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.
jets022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
ApriliaGuy
2004 4WD EXS AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets022 View Post
Edit: I think I will retest with the help of another person. To test I inserted the leads on the volt meter into the plug, positive to positive and neg to neg. I placed the volt meter on the hood and went inside to activate the switch. It is possible that a kink in the wires prevented a reading so I will try again.
Yup.

Been there....screwed up like that. :wink:

Quote:
I know testing wires/switches to a little bitty pump on the front right corner of a car w/ the switch located in the cabin is difficult
You might wanna plug the rear (working)pump into the front switch/wires and give that a try....blue juice squirtin' out is better than seein' a voltmeter/test light.

Will

Last edited by ApriliaGuy; 04-25-2008 at 08:10 PM.
ApriliaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #47
Dom.five
2006 4WD EXS AT

Notice :: Notice ::

The wiring connector does NOT PROVIDE Ground !!!!!

The pump is grounded to the Body..

Look for your +12v with one side of your Meter grounded. Or just use a test light With the - side to ground ....

Dom
Home made Grill guard, Blacked out lower front bumper trim,and Grill, Undercoating, Vent-Visors, Bug deflector, EOC Sticker, Honda Floor mats, Honda Wheel locks, Eurotech Engineering Fog lights, Dual tone Horn from a junk Caddie, Oh and the 2.98$ walfart windshield tint strip, that's got to go when EOC puts one out. U-haul hitch with factory Honda harness. Garmin GPSmap276C True, I've been IRV'ed , : Misfits waNNAbe's

Last edited by Dom.five; 04-25-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #48
er0l
2003 4WD EX AT

Send a message via AIM to er0l
easy shmeazy

I was kind of worried at first, removing the front bumper seems intimidating. When i went about removing the bumper i removed all the screws and clips but realized that i could get to the pump without taking it off. I just kind of squeezed in there by partially removing the left side enough to fit my hand through. luckily the installation was as easy as punching it in there. the worst though was once i replaced the pump, me being the genius that i am didn't check to make sure it was in all the way, so after replacing the bumper and filling it up it all just leaked out and i had to do it all over again....:sad:
er0l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #49
scubamac
2003 4WD EX

Windshield washer

My '03 windshield washer stopped working. The rear still works. You can hear the pump working. I checked for clogged lines. When I try to activate the washers, there is nothing. There isn't any sound indicating that the pump is working. My biggest fear is that there's an electronic gremlin in the steering column. Any thoughts?
Mike
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #50
Dom.five
2006 4WD EXS AT

It does not sound like it's possible for them to die at the same time. Make sure you have washer fluid in there, NOT just Water! The pumps may be frozen.

In the under dash fuse box fuse 9, It's a 10 amp, does the rear wiper/washer.

Fuse 20, a 20 amp, does the front.

When you take the cover off there is a diagram showing you the proper one to look at.

Dom

Last edited by Dom.five; 11-21-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Tags
fluid , motor , pump , washer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.