Question for those w/ the Hunter Grill Guard - Page 4 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #31
ieatflux
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 2WD DX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

guys? guys.

3 PIECE GRILL GUARDS SUCK!

agree? agree? good. we have one thing established.

two, ALL METAL RUSTS! you neglect it, IT WILL RUST! for that, we buy PRIMER AND PAINT!

three: HUNTERS CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN BLOW IT OUT THE A$$ cause the lady on the phone was rude (er mentally handicapped maybe?) and rarely picks up. and they love, ooh, they LOOOOVE to act like they didnt offer a warranty.
b@$tards...
[SIZE="1"]400.1 phoenix gold xenon amp, 1x780 kenwood amp, 2x alpine R coaxials, 2x infinity kappa 60.9cs components, 1x12" JLWv6, cleared headlights, eyelids, smoked side markers, angel eye fogs, ner bars, mug guards, INJEN cai, Tein lowering springs, sportmax 006 black/red rims, pioneer head unit, bug shield, vent visors, "domen" sticker, denali grille, shaved emblems, bronze element emblem on front, gibson exhaust, rear wiper delete, munny monkey shift knob, and one day, a roof rack.
ieatflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #32
xxxxxxxragets1591
2007 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

OEM Side Steps, Aires Tail Light Guards, Hunter brush guard

I have a 2007 Honda Element EX 4WD Alabaster Silver Metallic
I went ahead and received my accessories and had a friend of mine install them for me. He did all 98% of it and I did like 2% of it. LOL, I wasn't much help anyway here is how we did it and how long it took and some obstacles we faced and had to overcome:

Tail Light Guards - eBay - $69 + FREE shipping
The directions (which weren't that great) said it would take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Well.... it took us about 15 minutes for each. It was relatively easy but just takes a little time. First you take out the two screws that hold the tail light in place. Then all you do is pop out the taillight. Then we placed the bracket around the piece that pops the tail light in. Pop the taillight back in. Then fit the tail light guard over the tail light and bolt in all the screws. make sure they are on correctly or they WILL scratch your tail gate and hatch. Even when they are on as tight fitting as they can they still leave a tiny scratch but hey, its worth it! They look great!

Side Steps - HandA Accessories - $285 + $52.78 shipping
Next we did the side steps. These are the OEM Side steps. We just followed the instructions that came with them and they went on relatively easy. They look great and took about an hour and a half to put them on.

Hunter Brush Guard - eBay - $180 +$50 shipping
The instructions that came with these might as well not have even came with them. Nothing was labeled and took us about 20 minutes to even find out what we needed to do. We bolted on the headlight guards to the main piece first. Next we found the pieces of the plastic that we needed to cut out to find the holes to bolt the guard on to. We almost thought the pieces were not going to bolt on because of 2 reasons: 1) On the drivers side the bracket piece almost didn't have the right spacing for the hole on the frame. 2) On the passenger side the radiator was bolted or connected on the frame by the holes on the frame. So we had to move that to get the main unit connected. That took a while. After that we connected the main unit to the big brackets connected to the frame of the car and turned it up so it was in the correct position on the front of the car. then we took off the two caps under the hood near where the headlight is bolted in. Everything was tightened up and is extremely sturdy. It will not even move when shook. It is very nice. In all, for the brush guard, it took about 4 hours to complete.

My Element looks AWESOME now, in my opinion. I already had a few Element owners turning their heads watching, just on my 10 minute drive back home. It almost looks like a totally different vehicle. I really am liking it a lot! :)
xxxxxxxragets1591 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
lawz
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Arrow Another question:

Not to hijack the thread, however this seems to be the perfect place to find people with the guards so here's the question:

Whats the effect on mileage?
Thanks!
~Zac
lawz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #34
Orange_Lunchbox
2003 2WD EX MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

and how much do they weigh?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #35
erickang411
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

Peace

cello,
I just read this thread...quite amusing especially when people use the words toughguy...hahaha

If you own a 09-11 like I do, you might want to read this thread...post 12 and 13 to be exact.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...ad.php?t=65666

Last edited by erickang411; 11-28-2010 at 08:43 AM.
erickang411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #36
Island E
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Just want to add that I have a Steelcraft on mine and absolutely love it.

Supposedly Steelcraft=Aries now
Island E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #37
ellenboa
2006 4WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

minor addition

I have a hunter brush guard. Black Powder Coat, not stainless. I have to say it is extremely sturdy and durable. Use it to push disabled vehicles that are obstructing traffic to a safer location almost every day.

It has yet to buckle or get any scratch. So far the largest vehicle i have pushed with it was a short school bus. For an E i'd say that that's pretty darned good.

I read through this whole thread, so i thought i would reflect on some of what i have read.

The Hunter guard does not come with any kind rubber gasket to put in between the main section and the headlight guards. I cut a rubber pad to shape and size, included bolt holes. To top it off, i also applied a small line of silicone along the edges. Now, when tightening the bolts, we have a watertight seal.

Just thought i would share that my other work vehicles, an Expedition, has a Go Rhino push bar, and an Explorer with a Setina push bar. I can do everything with my Hunter brush guard on my E that i can do with either of those vehicles.
ellenboa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
marxbruder
2006 4WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

It seems as though if you don't want to spend the extra cash on a one piece, you could always make friends with someone who welds. And buy some paint and beer
marxbruder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #39
ellenboa
2006 4WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

re

Welding is not that difficult. I take on projects rebuilding antique cars, i weld on a regular basis. It just didn't seem to me worth the time.

I think most people don't weld either because they don't have the space or they are afraid to get burned or burn something else. Personally, i find it easier than any other mod, especially something like a sound system.

If you don't want to weld though, as long as you seal out the water one way or another the quality will remain good. Thus, silicon, rubber seal, or both like i have installed, should work just the same.

Last edited by ellenboa; 01-25-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: minor addition
ellenboa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #40
hapyface
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Folks, wanted to know where you guys bought the Hunter Grill Guard.....
hapyface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.