Honda Element Owners Club banner

Updated pics of the TilUDrop!!

26K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  Drop_Box 
#1 ·
Here are some update pics of my E with my new camera (Canon 40d). Still figuring out how to use the camera and I'm a newb to taking pictures with a dig. slr.

No new mods....this is probably how it'll be all summer :-( ALL extra funds are going to expanding our business, so the E will just have to wait for now ;-)

See less See more
#42 ·
Coffee...I have the 50mm 1.8f....not quite as nice as the 1.4 but still can do some nice things. I love it for how small and light it is, plus it's easy to use. It just cuts a lot of the shot out when using it.

Suff....glad to hear from you bro!! Wish we were back in Columbus....that was a good time last year :D

TM is part of the SOP family....us orangies gotta stick together ;-)
Hi - Which year? Can't tell because of your excellent headlight (and sunroof) mods. Your E goes on my vision board!!! ✌🏼

#6 ·
Very nice Scott. Those 22's fit very well in there. I can't wait until you paint her. Have you thought about leaving the lower plastic strip around the bottom of the car black? You could get away just painting the rear bumper & upper portion of the front end orange. With the bottom strip black the top black strips work with the sunroof and other black trim. Maybe orange calipers on the big brakes? I'm just throwing out ideas. You're already doing it...

this is the money shot:

#12 ·
Thanks guys!!!

cai....baby's doing great. He's growing like a weed, 6mo. and already over 17lbs :D

Burn....I've thought about your suggestion. The front lower would still need painted black as it's just primer right now. I'm not sure if I'm staying Tang. or going with another color too, so that'll determine how I go. (the "money shot" is funny because I had to hold the camera above my head and shoot it blind :))

REZA...the lens is the 28-135mm lens. I'm saving up to get a wide lens like a Canon 10-22 wide. Most of the coloring/effects were done post with photoshop. I have yet to learn how to do all these settings on the camera....very complex :twisted:

jea....yes, we hope to make it to grand lake this summer :cool:

#15 ·
REZA...the lens is the 28-135mm lens. I'm saving up to get a wide lens like a Canon 10-22 wide. Most of the coloring/effects were done post with photoshop. I have yet to learn how to do all these settings on the camera....very complex :twisted:
Also look at a good prime lens if you're doing a lot of portraits. I just picked up a Canon 50mm f1.4 and it's incredible. The cool stuff you can do with depth of field when you open the lens all the way up is awesome. Plus it's great for doing long exposure stuff at night. You get used to not having a zoom pretty quickly, just means you have to move around a lot more.

I shot with a Canon 10-22 lens a few times and it's wicked sweet as well but pretty pricey. All depends on what kind of shooting you're going to do.

#13 ·
Dance, take a look at the Sigma 10-20, Tokina 12-24, and Tokina 11-16mm wide angle lenses too. Lots of choices.

I shoot with a 40D too. GREAT camera.

#18 ·
One of my favorite E's right there. Thanks for posting these pics, Dance! :)

Agree with the money shot. That is one pic I am going to download and keep! :D

#19 ·
Coffee...I have the 50mm 1.8f....not quite as nice as the 1.4 but still can do some nice things. I love it for how small and light it is, plus it's easy to use. It just cuts a lot of the shot out when using it.

Suff....glad to hear from you bro!! Wish we were back in Columbus....that was a good time last year :D

TM is part of the SOP family....us orangies gotta stick together ;-)

#23 ·
I hope you have time to drive down foe a quick meet. I called Joe's cwll to let him know I was in town. He has not called me back. Has he called you?

I have to see thaT E in person. Joe has done a makeover as well. I was hoping to see his also.

Dom

#24 ·
You'd never get a drop like mine with 265's....there'd be rubbing someplace. You could drop it but not that low. Why do you need such a wide tire?

Dom..sent you a pm. ;-)

#27 ·
Dont plan on dropping it at all. Need such a wide tire cause my girl is like blind to potholes. It's like she doesnt know they are there until AFTER she has ran over one. 265 will give it a little more cushion.
I know how to fix this...it's called "don't let the gf drive the Element" :lol:

or put the stock wheels back on when she does!!.....;-) But I see your point...265 would work much better.

#28 ·
Hmmmmmmmm just saw where one guy had 265/35/22 with stock suspension. That is more than enough tire for her and will look better without lowering than a 30 series. I have 25 series on my car and that is the one she doesnt get to drive :D

#29 ·
I know people will call blasphemy but...

The "til u drop" decal is just way too tacky for my taste (though I know that's your whole persona).

Though I definitely think you should consider getting the SC bumper painted to match the rest of your E.

Overall though, I'm digging the look.

#31 ·
wow, 25 series tires for one are hard to find and so thin, 265's with no drop will serve you well

Z+diac, those who know me know that my E is in the "in-between" stages right now...meaning that paint and new decals will be coming as soon as I have the funds :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.