Karr alarm, how to uninstall residue - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Ask The Dealer

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
NismoGriff
2004 4WD EXS MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

If I would have seen this sooner, I could have sent you one too. We just pulled one out of an 08 Titan at work the other day...chucked it in the trash. It was a t-tapped clusterf$%k of an install.
AVIC D3 with bluetooth, XM, Ipod cable and rearview camera. Both sat. antennas installed using the hidden antenna method. Sony XM-1S mono amp running a Digital Designs 1508 subwoofer. Honda exhaust finisher. AVS Ventvisors. EP3 shift knob. Shen's sidemarker/turn signal mod, and bh241's Pilot wiper switch mod. SC console. UHaul hitch. OEM Foglights. Lower grill guard. Inside electronic hatch release. Hornet security system with window control module.
NismoGriff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Yoda E SC
mod believe it or not...
2008 *Not an Element owner
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
If I would have seen this sooner, I could have sent you one too. We just pulled one out of an 08 Titan at work the other day...chucked it in the trash. It was a t-tapped clusterf$%k of an install.
thanks for the offer greg. it is interesting looking at both of the ones these guys sent me and seeing how different they were installed. and the people at karr are the biggest pain in the butt to try to get anything from cause they "dont sell retail" and "have professional installers so they dont give out the install sheets." what a joke. they didnt even use the same wires on both of the ones that the guys sent me and they both came out of an element. so much for uniformity... im just glad these guys yanked them when they did and i would strongly encourage anyone else with one to do the same after seeing the actual makeup of the units themselves and the obvious lack of install training these guys that install them for the dealership have. karr=poopy

18x8 Drag DR34 wheels & custom caps, integrated homelink, TL flip key, HID's, Kicker 700.5 amp, custom center console box, eibach prosprings.
Yoda E SC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
NismoGriff
2004 4WD EXS MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda E SC View Post
thanks for the offer greg. it is interesting looking at both of the ones these guys sent me and seeing how different they were installed. and the people at karr are the biggest pain in the butt to try to get anything from cause they "dont sell retail" and "have professional installers so they dont give out the install sheets." what a joke. they didnt even use the same wires on both of the ones that the guys sent me and they both came out of an element. so much for uniformity... im just glad these guys yanked them when they did and i would strongly encourage anyone else with one to do the same after seeing the actual makeup of the units themselves and the obvious lack of install training these guys that install them for the dealership have. karr=poopy
I think some combination of grey/blue, grey/red or grey/green were lock and unlock on the one we removed from the Titan. They were actually tied to the two wires that you add to the BCM to control factory alarm arm/disarm on the non smart key equipped trucks.
AVIC D3 with bluetooth, XM, Ipod cable and rearview camera. Both sat. antennas installed using the hidden antenna method. Sony XM-1S mono amp running a Digital Designs 1508 subwoofer. Honda exhaust finisher. AVS Ventvisors. EP3 shift knob. Shen's sidemarker/turn signal mod, and bh241's Pilot wiper switch mod. SC console. UHaul hitch. OEM Foglights. Lower grill guard. Inside electronic hatch release. Hornet security system with window control module.
NismoGriff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
bmwrider
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 2WD EX MT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

I was one of the people who sent mine to Yoda. Mine is the one with all the twisted/braided wires. Anyway, I've said it before, it looks like a pita to install up under that dash trying to get the right wire. There are a lot of connections and not a lot of room to work with.

Anyway, I'm just curious, how would someone make this thing functional? There is a little module that is attached to the end of one of the connectors that was mounted on the outside of the dash but there is no light or button on it. Would it just require changing that module out with different one? The KARR 4040A operating instructions available on the we talk about an LED, mine had no LED.

While it was installed in my car and now without there is no difference in the way the doors lock or what beeps - it seems to have been truly deactivated.
'11 SAAB 9-5 Aero - SAAB's finale'
bmwrider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #15
Yoda E SC
mod believe it or not...
2008 *Not an Element owner
Other

as far as making it functional i will try to get what i can from how the wires are grouped together and put it on the test bench an send signals either power or ground to get it to arm and disarm. my main objective is to try to get it to let me add the remote start i sell to it without freaking out, but if i had it my way everyone would do what you guys did and trash it. you would have never really seen it do anything unless you were trying to set it off by locking the doors with the remote and leaving the windows down and sticking your hand in and unlocking it and then opening the door. it has a shock sensor but who knows how well that works.

18x8 Drag DR34 wheels & custom caps, integrated homelink, TL flip key, HID's, Kicker 700.5 amp, custom center console box, eibach prosprings.
Yoda E SC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Ask The Dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.