I need help with my brush guard - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #11
marvin the marshen
EOC Rank: Helium
2011 4WD EX AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

Send a message via Skype™ to marvin the marshen
Best of luck with you'r fight..
marvin the marshen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Dom.five
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2006 4WD EXS AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachjowi View Post
I emailed the distributer my pictures and told them about my problem but they haven't emailed back yet. I also called them today and they said to wait for a respose from the installers via email, but that they don't have different brackets. The guy even went at far to tell me the brush guard fits 03-10

On the instruction sheet there is usually a number to call Hunter. Or the Web site address. Contact them, First !! Save yourself a bunch of aggravation!

Dom
Home made Grill guard, Blacked out lower front bumper trim,and Grill, Undercoating, Vent-Visors, Bug deflector, EOC Sticker, Honda Floor mats, Honda Wheel locks, Eurotech Engineering Fog lights, Dual tone Horn from a junk Caddie, Oh and the 2.98$ walfart windshield tint strip, that's got to go when EOC puts one out. U-haul hitch with factory Honda harness. Garmin GPSmap276C True, I've been IRV'ed , : Misfits waNNAbe's

We love our E's !! ___ We are A 2 E family !
Dom.five is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
BluesforChallah
2008 4WD EX-P AT

Per the website:
"Return Policy: Please Contact us for a RMA CODE for all returns. Returns made after 14 days of delivery will not be accepted for any reason. No returns will be accepted if wrong item is purchased, modified by the buyer, damaged by the buyer or for any incidents at the buyers fault. We will only accept returns in cases of product defectiveness. All returns must be in original condition w/ all original equipment to qualify for a refund minus all shipping costs "

Let us know how you make out.

http://gallery.sohc4.net/main.php?g2_itemId=300866

Last edited by BluesforChallah; 02-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.
BluesforChallah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #14
zachjowi
2009 4WD EX AT

Update:

I called Truck Gear direct today becuase they never called me as they said they would inthe email. I was told to get dimenions for an upper bracket and that they would make me one. I mentioned that the gurd is too low because of the lower mounting brackets and asked if I could send them an appropriate design from AutoCad to have them made, She said yes and that they will help me anyway possible :) This is good news and good thing I know how to us drafting software, maybe because that is what I am going to school for
zachjowi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #15
scorsone
EOC Rank: Carbon
2005 4WD EX MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

good work. I am glad to hear that things are looking up. And to think you may be responsible for the correct fitting of the brush guard for the '09/'10 models

Long live the EOC Buccaneers.
scorsone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
BluesforChallah
2008 4WD EX-P AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachjowi View Post
Update:

I called Truck Gear direct today becuase they never called me as they said they would inthe email. I was told to get dimenions for an upper bracket and that they would make me one. I mentioned that the gurd is too low because of the lower mounting brackets and asked if I could send them an appropriate design from AutoCad to have them made, She said yes and that they will help me anyway possible :) This is good news and good thing I know how to us drafting software, maybe because that is what I am going to school for
That's great news Zach. However, if things go sideways, let me know and I may be in a position to take that one off your hands.

http://gallery.sohc4.net/main.php?g2_itemId=300866
BluesforChallah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
zachjowi
2009 4WD EX AT

It's been awhile but now that I am on spring break from school I had a chance to do some measuring and tinkering. I came up with the best solution of moving the mounting bracket holes 2" forward and up on centers. I plan on sending out the drawing tomorrow and hopefully they will follow through and make the new brackets.

I think the guard looks "decent", not as good as it could if it was actually made for the 2009-10 models but still does's the job I guess.

first 2 pictures shows the comparison of spacing/ the profile change between models.

holes need moved up/forward as seen here

Last edited by zachjowi; 03-17-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
zachjowi
2009 4WD EX AT

Hunter Finally sent me my new brackets after designing them for them 3 months ago.... I mounted it on today and have decided that I think it looks really bad on the 2009, even though I really want a brushguard I think I'm going to sell this one and hope that someone actually makes one to fitit properly. Time to sell this one.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #19
NismoGriff
2004 4WD EXS MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Sorry that you went through the troubles and weren't happy with the results, unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I love the brushguards, but I don't think it flows with the lines on the front of the new body style. I am considering the Hunter for my own E which is an 04, but I believe the bars are going to require a redesign to look good on the 09 and up. I am sure you won't have any problems selling that unit here on the forums. Let us know.
AVIC D3 with bluetooth, XM, Ipod cable and rearview camera. Both sat. antennas installed using the hidden antenna method. Sony XM-1S mono amp running a Digital Designs 1508 subwoofer. Honda exhaust finisher. AVS Ventvisors. EP3 shift knob. Shen's sidemarker/turn signal mod, and bh241's Pilot wiper switch mod. SC console. UHaul hitch. OEM Foglights. Lower grill guard. Inside electronic hatch release. Hornet security system with window control module.
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
Jupasset
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2011 4WD EX AT
Citrus Fire Metallic (CFM)

2011 ex grill guard

I really want a black grill guard for my 2011 EX. Has anyone had any luck finding one?
Jupasset is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.