Problem with interior light - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Lule
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD LX MT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Just to clarify...

The '10 EX has two sets of lights: one set up front and the single one in the center between the front seats. The 'push on/push off' function of the map lights work no matter the position of the sliding switch. The front light controls must either be in the center position labeled 'door' or the 'on' position for the center light to operate. Additionally, the center light switch must be in the center position (no label) or in the 'on' position.

So, with the front switch at the center position and the center switch in the center position, they both should illuminate, although somewhat dimly compared to them being in the 'on' position.

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to figure this out.

This should help dial you in to the source of the problem.

-Some fellow named Einstein
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
GeorgiaSurveyor
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2010 2WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Thumbs up

Holy Sister Mary Frances. Bingo! It appears that for as long as I've had my E, I've not once noticed the sliding switch above the MAP lights! I truly feel as sharp as a bowling ball, and dumb as a sack of hammers. Thanks, Lule. And thanks to the rest of ya - I will now seek a professional mental health counselor...
GeorgiaSurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
Softwhere
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lule View Post
Just to clarify...

The '10 EX has two sets of lights: one set up front and the single one in the center between the front seats. The 'push on/push off' function of the map lights work no matter the position of the sliding switch. The front light controls must either be in the center position labeled 'door' or the 'on' position for the center light to operate. Additionally, the center light switch must be in the center position (no label) or in the 'on' position.

So, with the front switch at the center position and the center switch in the center position, they both should illuminate, although somewhat dimly compared to them being in the 'on' position.

I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to figure this out.

This should help dial you in to the source of the problem.
I currently have (now had) the exact same issue and have been to the dealer about it. The dealer thought it was a defective overhead light and when that was replaced and still didn't work, has now ordered a new Multiplex Control Unit. This is (was) supposed to be changed at my next service appointment.

Thanks to both yourself and GeorgiaSurveyor for the updates on the issue. I will notify my dealer that my Element is functioning as designed.
Softwhere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
Lule
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD LX MT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

I'm glad you found that info useful.

I hesitated even posting it as I figured I was probably the only person who couldn't operate interior lights. I am among friends.

-Lule

-Some fellow named Einstein
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.