Brake recall and speedo bulletin - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
bEp
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Didn't the dealership break some sort of laws by not performing the recall work, though?
bEp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Basset Box
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEp View Post
Didn't the dealership break some sort of laws by not performing the recall work, though?
who cares... it is a non-issue repair anyway. You will notice nothing once the recall is done. Just get it done and move on.

Nothing you have said about the speedometer proves anything. Does your dad have stock tires on his car? Do you? Is a GPS device proven to be accurate? I'll state it again, go by a salvaged speedometer for $50 bucks on ebay and be done with it...

To Do List: HID retrofit.
Basset Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
bEp
2007 SC 2WD 5MT

My SC had the original tires on it until 2 weeks ago, when I replaced it with the same size. My dad's truck is a 2012 chevy 1500, new from the dealer with everything stock. The gps has been tested many times on the highway, at speed, with a vehicle in front or behind for comparison. All of that, combined with the fact that when parked my speedo needle points below zero over the "door open" indicator, does nothing but prove that the speedometer is wrong.

I don't think you are understanding what I'm asking. The issue is not in the repair, it's in the fact that the dealer hadn't already done it. It doesn't make me feel good about Honda in general. Should I just call Honda a file a complaint or do something else?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
KoolBlue
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 2WD EX-P AT
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEp View Post
My SC had the original tires on it until 2 weeks ago, when I replaced it with the same size. My dad's truck is a 2012 chevy 1500, new from the dealer with everything stock. The gps has been tested many times on the highway, at speed, with a vehicle in front or behind for comparison. All of that, combined with the fact that when parked my speedo needle points below zero over the "door open" indicator, does nothing but prove that the speedometer is wrong.

I don't think you are understanding what I'm asking. The issue is not in the repair, it's in the fact that the dealer hadn't already done it. It doesn't make me feel good about Honda in general. Should I just call Honda a file a complaint or do something else?

File a complaint because the dealer won't fix a problem that was covered by a "product update" (it was never a recall) that has expired?

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...&postcount=232
KoolBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
bEp
2007 SC 2WD 5MT

I'm talking about the brake recall which was active when the dealership I got it from, had it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.