Eibach Ground Control Coilover Review - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Eibach Ground Control Coilover Review

So I've had these on my SC for about 2.5 weeks now and I decided to do a review of them just in case people were on the fence about buying them. I went hiking today and decided to go thru the 2 Highway (Angeles Crest Highway) This road is very windy and the motorcycle guys love it. Well I had the SC kicking it around the tight bends and turns. Let me tell you these suckers handled like a GEM!!I was averaging around 40-45 mph on 30mph suggested turns and no body roll at all. I dropped it to the very bottom sleeve in the rear and 3 turns to the bottom in the front, all in all it's about 3" rear and 2.5" front. So the lower center of gravity does help and I had a blast coming home, never once thought I was doing too much. Now here is the 2nd part of the review....On the nice paved roads it rides real smooth but on the bad roads it is real rough witht he occasional "oh **** that sounded bad". If there was an aftermarket strut that was better than the OEM which I have them on it would make a huge difference. With a price of around 350.00 brand new I say they are well worth it. I got mine used for 215.00 and I'm real glad I did. If you are considering dropping the E these are definately not a bad choice for the price. Am I eventually going to get those Teins....of course I am but these will suffice until I can save the scratch to get them. Hope this helps if not oh well
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
skellington
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2003 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Good write up and info to know on the Eibachs been kind of thinking of them since Teins are alot more expensive.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
burtch07
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Why Thank you Skell!! I mean at 350 they are well worth it in my opinon which isn't professional. Now I searched on the forum high and low bout these and people said the OEM strut was better than the KYB and Monroe strut that the aftermarket provides. People also said that they will wear down your struts quicker, to me it was a risk I was willing to take. I have babied my SC since I first bought it, it only has 67K on it and most of those have been earned here in Cali the last 3 years. The price and the quality of these will give me enough to save up my money for either those Teins or that bag system Miss Daisy worked out. Shoot I wouldn't even be opposed to getting another set of these and spending that extra cash I save on a few other things I want like a rear spoiler and the dash trim kit. Like I said though I did a lot of research and I even got ahold of the guys at Elemental Motorsports and picked their brain as well.

Last edited by burtch07; 09-11-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
TheAntirice
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I'm gonna PM you but I wanted to bump this thread. Do you have a part # for the kit you used? Like off the box or something? I have a friend that works at a shop and when he called his distributor they cannot seem to verify of the GC kit they have is for an 07+ and I thought the ground control kids were only for the 03-06 E's. Do you have a link or any info from where you ordered these from? I would pick up a set but I want to make sure what you have. Also, what are you running for camber kits? I'm sure it's been covered somewhere but you have an 07 SC specifically so I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
burtch07
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Antrice
PM'd you back bud, enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.