Gauge Cluster fitment - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
spoonierme
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX MT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Gauge Cluster fitment

So something happened to my Speedometer and when it goes up its not smooth at all and when decelerating, the needle usually gets stuck for a few seconds. This has been driving me NUTS for the past month. i brought the Element to Honda and they quoted me a ridiculous amount saying something is broken blah blah blah and i need a new cluster.

I checked on ebay and see a few, but they are for like 03-06 or 09-11 and all are for automatic cars.

My question is, will the other year's cluster (03-06) fit my 07 EX model? Also will a cluster meant for an auto trans fit my 5spd? i dont mind having the R/D/N/P column since i did the same thing for my Evo before (swapped in a cluster from a Lancer that was auto).

Any input would help! thanks!

Last edited by spoonierme; 11-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
spoonierme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Audiophyle
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Nope, you must get an 07+ cluster for your car, they changed both in shape & in wiring.

I dont think using an auto cluster on a manual will be a big deal, the car wont have the wiring so that part of the cluster just wont do anything. THen again, you never know how much is sent to the cluster digitally these days and what that may do to the cluster.

Dont forget you will need to have the new speedo odometer set to match the old one, or risk a red mark on your title & severely decreasing potential resale/trade in value of your E.

Last edited by Audiophyle; 11-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Audiophyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
dgale
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2003 2WD DX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Have you checked junk yards for one? Seems like a part that would probably survive most collisions that otherwise result in a totaled car, so just a matter of checking around and finding one with a cluster from a '07 MT. While having the AT cluster in your MT may not bother you, think about resale value down the road if you think you'll ever get there...I would think that was pretty weird if I was looking at your MT to possibly buy.
dgale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.