New here....need help..... - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #11
MennoToaster
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slayer View Post
Well the dealer wasn't impressive in dealing with people either. But I can get over that. I'll talk to them tmrw and see if I can talk them down.

I know rotors rust quick but this wasn't the normal orange rained on rust. They were grinding most of the trip in the front, the rear did it the whole trip.

These SUVs seemed to be better than say a jeep Cherokee, ford escape or Nissan exterra.
They're cheaper, more fuel efficient, better reliability and I think they're rarer.
You have an advantage because you know your way around cars, retail value is supposed to be excellent condition, which it obviously isn't at the moment. Sounds like the cons of the car are an easy fix for you and should help you get a cheaper price on it. Don't let them scam you!! They replaced the battery, rear diff, air filter, cabin filters and put 4 new tires on my used Element and I still got $2500 off their ridiculous dealership asking price.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
93slayer
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Yea I'm hoping to do some wheeling and dealing. I liked driving it. My gf says its cute, and it's the same color as her 09 civic Atomic blue.
I've been too busy to call them yet. Maybe by this eve.
93slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
Alaskan_Toaster
Premium Member
2007 4WD EX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

That's a little more mileage than I have on MY '07, so that's not an issue. Besides the comments from above, make sure you see the CARFAX, should indicate any problems that are worrisome. The brake issue has been discussed many times here, but, will add that rear brake pad wear can be unusually quick if they are not lubed right (seems to be a relatively common occurrence). Like previously stated, have a COMPLETE brake job done, probably with new rear rotors, based on what you said. Good luck and keep us informed

Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet the youngest you'll ever be, so enjoy this day while it lasts.
Alaskan_Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
93slayer
2008 4WD EX AT

Still having trouble with my mustang, getting a title and canceling an extended warranty I bought. So not gonna happen very quickly. I just hope it's still there in a couple days....
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
93slayer
2008 4WD EX AT

I've driven an 08 and an 07.... So far the 07 was the better one. That's the link I posted first. Now I've found an 03 near me. I'm going to look at it tonight.

http://mobile.heritagehondabaltimore...icleId=1184013

It was sold. So I drive an 06 w/ 70,650. Very nice. $14,200 asking.

Last edited by 93slayer; 11-10-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Rob Dobbs
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

In 07 changes to the interior seat belts and seats were made as well as five speed auto trans and other safety features became standard. Do some research on those changes before jumping on anything before 07 to make sure your getting what you like.
Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
93slayer
2008 4WD EX AT

Yea I read up on that. I didn't mind the older ones that I looked at, except the seat belts. Early models have them in the rear doors... Retarded. The 07+ has the better seat belts.
I liked the interior otherwise. One 05 I looked at had the armrest console that opens. I liked it. I still would rather have the sc center console.
But my budget is $13,000 and under. Plus I've gotta deal with the Stang stuff before I can buy. Now that I've driven a few I'm comfortable with them. I like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.