Bluetooth Interface - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
georgion2
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Bluetooth Interface

Hey guys,

There's a Bluetooth Interface available for stock stereo systems on EX and SC models (BT35-HON). It is listed as an official Honda accessory and appears to offer hands-free calling and bluetooth music playback. I'm trying to hang onto my stock SC stereo deck, as I don't want anyone breaking into my car. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Here's a link: http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementelect.html
georgion2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
2009 ELE
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Send a message via AIM to 2009 ELE
Oh that sucks!!! If I read it correctly, since I have the OEM radio with Navi that has the USB connector in the glove it will not work for me.

Please tell me I am wrong!
Injen CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Samco Hoses, Viper Remote Start, HD Grill Guard, LoJack, Made in U.S.A. Badge, Window Tint, LightInSight, Vent Visors, OEM Mud Flaps, OEM Side Steps, Dog Package Seat Covers, Floor Mats & Emblems, Civic ivtech Stickers, Honda Trash Can, Various Stickers On Back
2009 ELE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
2009 ELE
2009 4WD EX 5AT

Emailed Trevor at H&A and it is a misprint on their website....it will work with my radio!!!
Injen CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Samco Hoses, Viper Remote Start, HD Grill Guard, LoJack, Made in U.S.A. Badge, Window Tint, LightInSight, Vent Visors, OEM Mud Flaps, OEM Side Steps, Dog Package Seat Covers, Floor Mats & Emblems, Civic ivtech Stickers, Honda Trash Can, Various Stickers On Back
Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
2009 ELE
2009 4WD EX 5AT

Order placed! I will let you know what I learn about it once its up and running. :)
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
06EXPTulsa
2006 4WD EX-P MT

Please do follow up, I am thinking about getting this for mine, as well. Thanks.

~Dave
06EXPTulsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
2009 ELE
2009 4WD EX 5AT

Well I hope this does not disappoint anyone but I did not do the install myself but it is up and running! My navi unit needed warranty work and I figured I may as well let Honda do it while they had the radio already pulled out. It added an option on the radio titled CDC that you switch to when using bluetooth mode. In my opinion, it works just as good as having my android or ipod hard wired through the USB port in the glove box! As far as phone calls, it does perform very well. The only thing Honda would not do is mount the mic but that was no big deal so I put it toward the top near the driver's door. I rarely ride with the windows down so I am not worried about any type of wind noise. The problem that I have had with other hands free units was the other party having a hard time hearing me while on a call but my test calls to others have not had any complaints yet and was told that I sounded very clear. To answer you just press the Forward button on the radio and to hang up or ignore you press the Rewind. Of course you could also still answer/hang up on the phone itself. It does announce the caller id when the phone is ringing over the radio too which is really nice! Overall, I am very satisfied with this bluetooth interface and when I purchased it from HandA it had free shipping! If you are thinking about adding bluetooth to your radio and you still have the OEM radio I would get this upgrade.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
georgion2
2007 SC 2WD 5MT

Awesome! Thanks a lot for taking the plunge for us. I can feel more confident about moving forward with this add-on!
georgion2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
jeffkics
2010 4WD EX AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

I just purchased a 2010 EX with NAV, and I saw somewhere that Honda had a dealer installed Bluetooth for this radio. Does anyone know what that unit is, and does it need a microphone install like this USA unit does or will it work with the mic that the NAV uses?

Thanks!
Jeff
jeffkics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
2009 ELE
2009 4WD EX 5AT

Mine came with Navi from Honda and it did not have Bluetooth or a mic installed anywhere. There is a bluetooth interface on HandA's website that you can pick up and it will come with a mic.

If you are referring to the voice activated options that comes with the Navi unit then yeah you will have to use the mic provided with the bluetooth interface.

Last edited by 2009 ELE; 11-29-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something....
Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
jeffkics
2010 4WD EX AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009 ELE View Post
If you are referring to the voice activated options that comes with the Navi unit then yeah you will have to use the mic provided with the bluetooth interface.
I wonder if the MIC for the installed NAV could be used?
jeffkics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.