When did EOC start sucking? - Page 6 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #51
Filmcarp
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Well,
I have been a member since 2005 and bought my E new in 03. This forum is friggin great. I don't post a lot because I use the search bar to find answers. I think we are in a lull because huge numbers of questions have been answered, and the E isn't really a classic yet. This place will boom in a few years as some of us try manfully to keep the E forever.
If you think it is over moderated, look in a mirror.
Dan Dietrich 2003 EX AWD 5 spd SOP dog and lumber car. Yakima rack. New General Grabbers. Three unswitched outlets in console. EOC decal. Proclip Ipod Mount. Survivor of NYC commute. Great for my 8 year old, and now nearly a collector car with 112k miles across NYC on the same clutch. New bushings, and hatch supports. New Belt and valves adjusted. Here comes the next 100k...I just learned that it was built on 6 August 03 at 9:14 am. I bought it on 14 August.
Filmcarp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #52
Wilyumm
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX AT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

My problem is not with the moderators. It is how long it takes to get to a new location when you click on it. It takes forever to get from one thread to another.
When you click on a thread you can watch it transfer from one site to another on the bottom of the screen. I'm sure these are sites to capture what you are looking at but it is a PITA.

ELECTRONICS - Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT, Sirius Starmate Replay.
MODS - Home Depot Grill Guard, Side Marker blinkers. Hood dampers, Stiffy torque damper
SIDEKICKS - WIFE, Dashboard Duck, Traveling Gnome
Wilyumm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #53
GaryS
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyumm View Post
My problem is not with the moderators. It is how long it takes to get to a new location when you click on it. It takes forever to get from one thread to another.
When you click on a thread you can watch it transfer from one site to another on the bottom of the screen. I'm sure these are sites to capture what you are looking at but it is a PITA.
No complaints here. I use Firefox with AdBlock and on this forum (and others) I do not have your problem.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #54
Island E
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
No complaints here. I use Firefox with AdBlock and on this forum (and others) I do not have your problem.
Have you ever tried to load up EOC without AdBlock? It's freakin' nuts!!! Everything from Thai mail order brides, to pecker stiffener meds to the occasional ad that's actually car related. I understand that ad revenue is ad revenue, but somewhere the line has to be drawn to retain a shed of dignity.
Island E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #55
racerc2000
EOC Rank: Carbon
2010 SC 2WD 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

I tend to think the ads are not a choice subject. you may be able to choose to remove ads focused on 18+ people if the forum is for young people. but being this is a car forum it is prob 90% over 18 people just due to having a drivers lic.

this is what you get when you make a FREE forum. very basic forum layout and ads

when you buy a domain and pay for hosting its entirely your choice on what it looks like and what ads people see (and you get rev from ads) or lack of ads.

In solitude, where we are least alone.
racerc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #56
GaryS
2008 4WD LX MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island E View Post
Have you ever tried to load up EOC without AdBlock? It's freakin' nuts!!! Everything from Thai mail order brides, to pecker stiffener meds to the occasional ad that's actually car related.
Wow! Maybe I'm missing something....

Nah.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #57
Wrenchmeister
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island E View Post
Have you ever tried to load up EOC without AdBlock? It's freakin' nuts!!! Everything from Thai mail order brides, to pecker stiffener meds to the occasional ad that's actually car related. I understand that ad revenue is ad revenue, but somewhere the line has to be drawn to retain a shed of dignity.
Ads nowadays are targeted based on your browsing patterns and profile. I get a bunch of car ads and stuff in spanish...

no mo brides or such...
Wrenchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #58
GaryS
2008 4WD LX MT

I can't believe this! Are all of you so new to PCs that you don't know how to avoid seeing any ads as you browse?

Wow.

As I said above, I'm on many forums and I never see the ads on any of them.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #59
nacranym
EOC Rank: Carbon
2004 2WD EXS 6MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

there are ads here???
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #60
GaryS
2008 4WD LX MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacranym View Post
there are ads here???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.