TL brembo upgrade for the E.. Rotor information? - Page 6 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
misdirection11082
EOC Rank: Carbon
2009 SC 2WD 5AT
Midnight Red Pearl (MRP)

so if your running 17inch+ aftermarket wheels might not need to shave anything off of them?

my new love 2009 SC Red Sonia
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...145&highlight=
misdirection11082 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #52
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

depending on the style but yea most 17s will work. some 16s work its rare but some have the golden offset and spoke design for big brakes

most oem wheels even the SC wheels would need a spacer I think the TL-s wheels have a +55 offset type R is +60 purely for the brake clearance but they have a flat inner face of wheel so brake clearance is min

diameter is to clear the top of caliper. offset/spoke design is to clear the caliper poke past the rotor. if your close to fitting most of the clearance issue is where the spoke meets the drum of the rim so the caliper gets shaved to get the 1mm clearance

In solitude, where we are least alone.

Last edited by racerc2000; 10-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.
racerc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #53
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

my calipers are being painted up all pretty like so I smoothed them out shaved the casting marks etc. which also gave me more clearance. and I get this with 25mm spacers. they clear with 20mm spacers but you cant run oem wheel weights. maybe smaller ones but I wouldnt trust such small clearance with a generic tire guy.

Last edited by racerc2000; 11-09-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #54
eyecarvether4iam
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 SC 2WD 6MT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Is that the TL-S setup? Looks great-REALLY fills out the wheel wells.
eyecarvether4iam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #55
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

yep its the TL-S 12.2" kit. looks weird with the brembos in bare metal but now that they fit both my summer set and winter set of wheels I can paint them up nice.

just a teaser shot I helped a friend design these. mine will be similar.but for SC

Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #56
eyecarvether4iam
2008 SC 2WD 6MT

Those look GREAT!!!!!

Glad someone finally did this!

Do you have pics of the machining to the rear of the caliper?

Last edited by eyecarvether4iam; 11-12-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #57
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

I will take pics shortly. it was pretty simple the caliper mount was 21mm thick I took it down to 16mm. I also had to ream the hole in the knuckle slightly also as the TL bolts are larger. but if your not into modding the original parts. so you can still reverse the mods you could just toss a helicoil into the caliper to reduce the threads to oem.

I have made them fit. but my mod isnt done yet. theres still a few variables im working out. I also figured out for an element unless you want to make a hard line for the fronts. order 2 sets of rear braided lines for a tl-s. or...just use stock element line it works to.

IE since theres a leading and trailing piston. instead of swapping right and left caliper sides. to get the bleeder up top.

can I remove the 2 allen plugs and swap the bleeders on the caliper itself?

Last edited by racerc2000; 11-13-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #58
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

line on right is tl-s rear. left is tl-s front. they go hard line/rubber/hard line
so to use it you need to either get an oem hose to caliper hard line. make one or use a tl-s rear line up front. which also uses the same bracket as oem.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #59
eyecarvether4iam
2008 SC 2WD 6MT

Cool... Good to know! Not sure if I am going to do this yet, but highly contemplating it as I do not like the amount of brake dust the Rotora put off. It is not bad for that aggressive of a pad, but I don't need that. A set of Hawk HPS will be plenty.

Also, what model car is the rotor you are using off of?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #60
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

I am using the set as it was intended. and all it took was 5mm of machine work. (you could also get extended studs and run 5mm spacers under the rotors. but I didnt want to push my wheels out anymore. even though the dC5-R front LCAs did pull the wheels in about 5-10mm

TL-S calipers
TL-S pads
TL-S 12.2 rotors

and while I was at it
TL-S rear rotors and pads.( TL-S uses more shims for pads in rear with the brembo kit)

for now im using the recommended pads. this may change as I break them in and learn the limits. but the improvement is huge. and almost feels like it was meant to have these brakes. semi met up front and ceramic out back. but I may eventually go with hps or ebc pads. and 2 piece rotors.

if I feel a lack of pedal pressure il swap to the TL-S master cyl but with the SS lines etc it feels great.

I didnt get to go nutz testing them out before removing them to do some refinishing but im very pleased sofar.

my total cost sofar was
270$ pads and rotors F+R
250$ pair of calipers
100$ SS lines and all rebuild kits including rear park brake

overall for alil over 600$ with all that was replaced (and I was due for a brake job anyway)ide say it was pretty cost effective.

I think ive said before a s2k rotor can be used with little to no machine work but the pads hang past the rotor which makes for periodic checking and trimming the pads as they wear. but for me my train of thought was... rotors dont give any extra clearance. the caliper sits where it is regardless. so I wanted the correct size rotor.

you should also look into the EPS steering swap im doing. it cleans up the area nicely for running turbos and less parasitic drag.

Last edited by racerc2000; 11-13-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.