front lca swap - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
racerc2000
EOC Rank: Carbon
2010 SC 2WD 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

front lca swap

I couldnt find any info of this being done but.

has anyone attempted a lca swap from say a dc5? the bushings swap for our arms. and in pictures the arms look almost identical.

so my idea is if a dc5 is compatible. can we do the same swap they do...

the aluminum dc5-r arm?

and with that maybe a dc5-r front swaybar? or a custom unit?
rsx and dc5-r

element.

i guess the only way is to test. and if a junkyard rsx fits then the dcr-r should to ?

15mm wider track and 1 degree of caster would be great

In solitude, where we are least alone.

Last edited by racerc2000; 07-19-2011 at 08:07 PM.
racerc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

well its understandable noone replied. esp since the dc5 and dc5-r use a 14mm ball joint

all elements use a 12mm ball joint. except the SC which uses a 14mm

well I bought a pair so I will keep everyone informed. and yes. I plan to polish them if they work.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
HOTBOX1208
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2009 SC 2WD 5AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

Interesting idea...wouldn't the 15mm wider track push out your wheels too far?

Btw...be patient for someone to reply....it's only been over a year!
HOTBOX1208 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

well if I go with 225/245 tires it shouldnt be an issue. I tried to mimic the extra width with positive camber its gonna be close but should be doable the fronts are +47 so I have some space outside.

I could always get them machined slightly if it was a big issue but the extra caster would be great.

I would have tried to swap a type R swaybar also but its only 25mm. I may get one made or custom endlinks if the sc bar is close

boy am I glad I got me a real SC hehe way too many parts to swap to make one.

oh. my QA1 coilover thrust bearings came today quiet coilovers here I come.

Last edited by racerc2000; 10-17-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

now that I have all the parts in my hands. I think I see one issue.

now this may change when I test fit them but on holding them in position under the oem ones. they seem to have a reduced track. on visual by like 2 inches.

I may have found a performance upgrade for a wide body RSX rather then a part for element.

element SC lca on rsx hummmmmm

btw. the oem swaybar would be close to bolting up with a slightly longer end link. how does the bracket for swaybar being closer to the wheel on the lca effect the swaybar performance? does it make a 25mm bar feel like a 30mm?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

well they bolt up and work fine. didnt seem to change the track much im sure an exact measurement would show a reduction but it is not very visible.

but since they do fit I will be cleaning them up and installing the spherical bushings and im waiting for the roll center correction ball joint.

Im going to smooth the casting lines on the arms and either polish them or get them powdercoated.

but one thing I can say. the turnin and stability changed alot but it may just be the type r compliance bushing I feel

Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
K24Toaster
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Any alternative to stock compliance bushings? I'm needing some soon.
K24Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
racerc2000
2010 SC 2WD 5AT

unless you are looking for a performance increase. just replacing the oem compliance bushing with a new one is the most cost effective.

but if you can get a deal on a good set of DC5-R arms (being you have a SC) they would bolt right up including the swaybars. and the compliance bushing is a harder rubber.

otherwise the best option would be the PCI branded spherical bushings for RSX. passwordjdm has the same pci part with its branding but it is more costly.

these mods mostly help when your E is lowered and you have your suspension settings dialed in....and dont want your toe to change when you apply the brakes or gas.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
snoco1
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

This might be my answer. I have a +45 offset and am going to be doing a suspension change here. But I'm worried my offset will cause rubbing on the front if I go to low. If these are just slightly narrower they may take care of any rubbing.

Any pics of the install or before and after pics?
snoco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.