Hurricane Sandy submerged '06 need advice in Long Beach, NY - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
volcycle
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Midnight Red Pearl (MRP)

What kind of roof rack do you have on it? Any accessories with it. Bike rack etc. Also your side rails should be worth something also.
volcycle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
ScubaSteve65
2006 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Didn't even get a chance to look at my E today for more than a minute. The interior is drying out. I took out all the plastic panels that are backed by insulation and dried the in the sun. I noticed that the firewall insulation is literally a giant rubber faced sponge. It appears that goes in before the entire dashboard. My interest in saving this is waning. Maybe I'm just tired from all the ripping out and throwing out of household items. I took a crack and some of my submerged tools. My DeWalt angle grinder works and so did my Porter Cable belt sander - don't know for how long though. Tomorrow the house insurance adjusters and flood adjusters are coming. Today was a visit from FEMA. I'll take one last look when I have another few uninterrupted hours to spare.
ScubaSteve65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
ScubaSteve65
2006 2WD EX AT

I forgot to ask...Does anyway have a good wiring diagram for the '06 E?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
ScubaSteve65
2006 2WD EX AT

Does anyone have that wiring diagram? some of the harnesses are numbered, others are not. I have limited time to search for a comprehensive diagram. I'm still dealing with cleaning out. I will finally going get hot water back in the house today (week 3) and maybe heat tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Mcdirtymetal
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Sorry for all your troubles man. I have a manual for the 05 EX; maybe the wiring is the same for your 06? There should be some diagrams in it, haven't looked yet. I'm new to the Element.
Mcdirtymetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
t-rex2
2006 4WD EX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Red face

Be Strong! I feel for you from seeing all the pictures on the news. I wish I was closer so I could lend a hand,
t-rex2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
ScubaSteve65
2006 2WD EX AT

Wiring Diagram still needed

Haven't given up yet. I managed to get my Suburban running. Still has issues. I really need to locate a wiring diagram for my '06 E. I've taken out just about everything but the dash from the interior. I believe I can see exactly what harnesses were effected. I just don't know what they are all for. It's not many. The fuse panel never got wet. I can splice and hard wire but I would prefer the correct harness. I've been primarily dealing with a semi-submerged house and not the E just yet, but really want to get to it. So...if anyone has access to a good schematic I would love to have a look. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Neptunium
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Service manual (includes wiring schematics):
H&A
Helm Inc.

Electrical troubleshooting manual

Last edited by ramblerdan; 06-11-2014 at 09:07 AM.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
box-E
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I have a set of 4 OEM speakers out of my 07 you are welcome to. I also have a radio out of an 07 EX you are welcome to if it will help you out, let me know.
Drew
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
Mcdirtymetal
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

There appear to be several harnesses behind the dash. Which are you looking for?
[IMG][/IMG]
Mcdirtymetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.