My New SC Tinker Toy :) - Page 3 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #21
Elemental One
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 4WD EX-P AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Floyd.......

wow ....some nice mods on the interior lighting.........

Are you on the peninsula???

-Robert
Elemental One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #22
floydkahue
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Thanks!
I'm in Southeast King County.
floydkahue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #23
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydkahue View Post
I put the cup holder on a 9V because it was easy. I'll hard wire it later.
If the lights fall off (which they probably will eventually) I'll Shoe Goo them down. IMO flipping the lights downward has pros & cons...it illuminates the cup holder better & doesn't shine in my eyes when I'm getting in the car, but it also doesn't illuminate clear cups & bottles as well.
Gotcha!
Eww-an E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #24
floydkahue
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

So, I got this Element in part as a good ski vehicle. I already know what you're going to say; why a 2wd SC? Well, since most of my driving won't be going to mountain, I'll get by with some nice snow tires. I'm not going off-road; I'm traveling highway & watching the reports for the nice days.

Other than missing 4wd, this is the perfect ski vehicle. But it needs mats to protect the carpet from all the snow and mud...

Ah. That's better. But what about the ski boots?

Yup. A cargo tray will do nicely.
But what if it's dark, wet, cold, & raining & I lose the keys while packing the car?
How 'bout we replace all the interior lights with super bright LED's so I can see where they went...

What's missing...oh yeah, a place to put the skis.

Now all I have to do is wait for the ski attachment to come in the mail :)
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
box-E
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Nice SC nice modes and pics. Keep em coming.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Wow, You streamlined the third brake light and made it sooo much cleaner than mine. I like it all except the wiring method, I crimped a tapped mine into the original wiring plug.

I also like the Engine lighting, nice work!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
Tandemduo
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Nice stuff!

I might try that HM brake light idea.

Kiwi - mods- Pilot steering wheel. Full audio upgrade. Slash guards. Ongoing color matching mod.

Root beer -Mods- De-badged. Color matched Splash guards, Grille, Mirrors, Center stack Limo tinted windows. Honda leather steering wheel cover,and shifter handle. Ridgeline key mod.LED blub replacements. Custom hands free mic mod. Full Audio Upgrades Rear Spoiler. Fog lights.
Tandemduo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #28
floydkahue
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobadon View Post
Wow, You streamlined the third brake light and made it sooo much cleaner than mine. I like it all except the wiring method, I crimped a tapped mine into the original wiring plug.

I also like the Engine lighting, nice work!
Yes, I'm familiar with your post:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...727&highlight=
This is one of the posts I checked out while planning my brake light. Clever solution for your mounting needs, & I especially like the extra long light.

The tricky part was getting the lights to point the right direction. Your lights required a structure. Mine had sticky tape on the backside, giving me the choice of sticking it on the outside of the car or making this structure. All of this could be avoided by putting some kind of clear adhesive on the other side; the light could be stuck to the interior of the glass, and would shine outside.

I forgot to show this; this is all you see of the cord when the clam shell is closed...about 3" of tube. Here you can see a final view of the trim, too. Sorry it's so dark...I'm using 2 flashlights and a dome light to take this iPad pic this evening :S

Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #29
floydkahue
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

I finally finished the floor lighting. Wow, that was a lot of work.

I had installed white lighting before, but then decided the car would look better in red...actually, best in both ;)
I decided to get RGB lights and a remote to control the light color. I imagined this to be a simple light swap & module install. No dice. The RGB lights have 4 wires...black, red, green, & blue. The black wire is a positive ground, & the red, green & blue wires control the red, green, & blue colors.

In other words, none of my previous wiring was really going to work for me. I had to rip it all out & start fresh, only this time with double the wires to connect. The good news is, like most things it was easier & faster the second time around. I also made wiring improvements; everything is routed, connected & shielded beautifully; it's a particular pleasure to enjoy the lights knowing it's a quality install that will likely be hassle-free for the life of the car. It'll be a pleasure never to have to go in there again!

The controller I use to change the floor light color cost around $12 @ Superbrightleds. It has a variety of functions my kids will enjoy. I just got it so I can switch it to red when I'm cruising, & white when I drop my keys on the floor :)

Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #30
floydkahue
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Oh yeah...I topped off the light mod with a new bronze shifter :)
The the rootbeer metallic & bronze interior accents of the SC work really well with the red lights. I'm not going to get the bronze trim package, however; the piano black is more my style.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.