Longtime Honda/Acura Owner - Just bought an E - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Greetings & Introductions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
pseudomaniac
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX MT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Longtime Honda/Acura Owner - Just bought an E

Greetings cyberfriends!

Longtime Honda/Acura owner and enthusiast here that joined the world of Element ownership today. Have wanted one forever, but never had the opportunity presented itself. About to close on a larger home in need of some upgrades and remodeling with 4 wonderful garage bays to tinker in, so instead of truck shopping, I pounced on a local Element I located on Craigslist, and drove it home today for $3000.

I've owned an 89 CRX Si, 92 Civic Si, 93 Del Sol Si, 99 Acura TL, 00 Civic Si, 00 S2000 AP1, 01 Acura CL, 02 Acura MDX, 03 Acura CLS6M, and currently have an 09 Acura TL SH-AWD and an 07 Acura TL Type S.

I've done B motor swaps, forced induction, nitrous, and J32 builds on my CLs, and am no stranger to the normal Intake/Header/Exhaust/Suspension/Brakes/Stereo upgrade family, hope to add some value here.

I picked up an element that's a bit rough, but it's going to be a work truck effectively, so if I fall in love, I might have to go find one in a little better shape to drop a spare J32A2 I have laying around into... :)

My 03 has 217,000 miles (I'm guessing that's probably pretty high for the age of the vehicle), is a 5 speed on the original (and doesn't feel bad) clutch, and aside from someone adding a radio, seems relatively untainted.

I'm already seat shopping for a new pair of fronts, ordred some rear sway bar end links to get rid of the clunking in the rear hopefully, and ordered the keyless entry kit as I'm admittedly just to spoiled not to have it.

Any "must-do" maintenance issues anyone could make me aware of are appreciated. It's definitely in need of brake pads at the moment, and I suspect 217,000 on any factory struts means they're on borrowed time. Still, with new tires, 100% complete, and in good running order, I feel like I got a steal at $3000, and have enjoyed driving it today.

I'm savvy enough that I'm already searching for what TSX goodies bolt on to the K24 - or if a full K24 swap from a TSX is plausible, in the event the 217k motor gives up the ghost, but haven't dug into the forums too deep yet - again, just a work truck for now.

Bee seeing you around the web.....

-Pseudo
pseudomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
pseudomaniac
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX MT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Not such a lively bunch on this forum it seems. Unfortunate.
pseudomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
skellington
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2003 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Well then I will be the first to say congrats on getting an Element
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

WELCOME! I've been moving all weekend, so that's my reason for a slow response. But, Im not moving into a house with 4 garage bays, I'd kill for one bay at this moment. As you can see from the big turn out, we need lots more people just like yourself, especially if you take the time to document your progress and findings.

Not many people have done hardcore engine mods, at least not posted up recently. A handful of turbos, no K24/20 Frankensteins. A few peices are swappable with modification for fit. I think the most common items that get swapped around from other elements are suspension components, again with slight modifications. It looks like you have a lot of Hondas under your belt, I hope with your over all knowledge that you can put together some new stuff for us all. Don't be afraid to revive an old post!

Cheap plug - Check out the SAMCO Group buy that is just about to close on and take orders. You don't wanna miss out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Greetings & Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.