2013 Death Valley Campout - Page 12 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > E Clubs & Gatherings > Events & Meet Announcements

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Who's in on this?
Yessir - I've been waiting for this one! 2 11.76%
Try stopping me 3 17.65%
My shrink told me to go take a hike. I think this is it! 3 17.65%
My dog's gonna help with the driving. 4 23.53%
Big Group Taco Bar Dinner Planned - I'm down 0 0%
My cell phone won't work here and I'm still going! 2 11.76%
Will there be paparazzi? I need to know what to wear. 0 0%
If I'm not busy with my tuba lessons I'll be there 1 5.88%
Oh hell ya, count me in! Hope to see me a moose this time. 1 5.88%
I'll go if you go. 4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #111
Free_man_E
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Sorry I haven't been keeping up much with the EOC lately.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Also there's a possibility that I'll have a second person with me on this trip, my Aunt.
Free_man_E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #112
cyclotour
EOC Rank: Helium
2009 *Former Element owner
Rallye Red (RR)

We are in site 77
cyclotour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #113
Mels E
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Look like this is developing into a great trip! I look at this trip as the start of the new years camping adventures!

John, it will be fun to meet your Aunt, I have heard great things about her! Excellent that she can come.

Greg, that was fun in Yosemite, I am going to make that a regular trip (after the crowds leave). And for the record, I like only like shopping that has camping or nature stuff (so yes I loved the stores there)! I have a direct line to Amazon for everything else (just about) but also a gold star shopper at REI. LOL

Glen, it is to bad I missed you by a few hours in Yosemite. We will have to do something next year with Greg.
Mels E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #114
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Is there certain items I need to bring?? I.E. gag gift i hear about?? Taco bar?? I get all the reg camping stuff but what about other stuff
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #115
Miss Ellie & Co.
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2005 *Former Element owner
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtch07 View Post
Is there certain items I need to bring?? I.E. gag gift i hear about?? Taco bar?? I get all the reg camping stuff but what about other stuff
Yes. The Gag Gift Exchange is a "prerequiste must" at all of these camping gigs.
Please be sure to bring one or you'll miss out on all the crazy fun!

The Taco Bar is happening for certain and will be incorperated as a Pot Luck Group Dinner. Which means everyone will be contributing something.

What we have in mind is a full table spread of Taco's and fixins.
Anything goes: Tacos of all sorts are invited to attend. Carne Asada, Chicken, Pork, Ground Beef, Stir Fried Lizards etc.
Salsas of varying styles and toxicity factors will be represented too. (everyone has a family salsa recipe they like to make)
Cheeses of many varities will be on hand to accompany the handmade tortillas, gaucamoles, chips, wicked and mild hot sauces, veggies and anything else people might like to stuff in a taco.
Expect to see a few bottles of fine sipping tequila and plenty of cold cervezas for liabations.

People have three months to prepare for this.
Heck - I wish we could do this tomorrow... I wanna go camping!

Last edited by Miss Ellie & Co.; 11-26-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Miss Ellie & Co. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #116
Mels E
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

In Death Valley at lest there are no Bears.

I was in Tahoe in October just down about about 10 miles from where we all have camped in the past as a group. It was at Fallen Lake (great place to camp by the way but no group camping) and we had Bears in camp. Of course they only came into the campsite that folks ignored the Bear warnings. There was food out and folks did not put coolers in the food lockers. The Bears opened up the coolers really easy.

Here is a interesting Bear story - a bear got trapped in a nice new car.
http://yougottobekidding.wordpress.c...oyota-sequoia/
Mels E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #117
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Ok so some bad news for the trip. I have to have hip surgery on a torn labrum in my left hip. They have to go in and attach anchors to the bone to keep the labrum sealed to the femur....i know weird doc talk. This is taking place on 15 Jan and recovery time is 4-6 months!! SO unfortunately I can not be the hiking guide or attend the hike to Telescope Peak if the weather is nice. Ive done it before and it is a killer hike with amazing views. I will however not be denied this camping trip. I will be there but i might be a tad bit handicapped. I have to be on crutches for a month so it'll be cutting close but I will be there no doubt.
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #118
Miss Ellie & Co.
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2005 *Former Element owner
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Quote:
Quote:
Ok so some bad news for the trip. I have to have hip surgery on a torn labrum in my left hip. They have to go in and attach anchors to the bone to keep the labrum sealed to the femur....i know weird doc talk. This is taking place on 15 Jan and recovery time is 4-6 months!! SO unfortunately I can not be the hiking guide or attend the hike to Telescope Peak if the weather is nice. Ive done it before and it is a killer hike with amazing views. I will however not be denied this camping trip. I will be there but i might be a tad bit handicapped. I have to be on crutches for a month so it'll be cutting close but I will be there no doubt.
Dang that sucks about your hip problem. I broke my foot last summer and know recoverey takes awhile. But fear not.
Should you decide to go (crutches or not) there's still a ton of cool stuff to do at DV that won't require hiking but I'm sure you already know that.

My advise: Some hydro-therapy at the Furnace Creek spring fed -heated swimming pool to relax and kick back.
I use it ever time we go to DV.

Last edited by Miss Ellie & Co.; 11-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Miss Ellie & Co. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #119
bikerjosh
2003 *Former Element owner
Other

Quote:
Take care of that, and do your rehab. Had my first labrum repair to left shoulder in 95'.
I'm enjoying reading about the upcoming trip. I was in DV in the first week of November this year after all the flash flooding. South Saline Rd was in rough shape.
Josh
Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #120
faheyd
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Send a message via ICQ to faheyd Send a message via AIM to faheyd Send a message via MSN to faheyd Send a message via Yahoo to faheyd Send a message via Skype™ to faheyd
Quote:
There can never be enough pillows in your tent for this trip! The more you exercise (that's approved by the doctor) you can do prior to, the faster your recovery!
See ya there! Good luck!
Dylan
2005 SOP AWD EX AT 118K miles, OEM Roof Rack & Mud Guards, Blue 3" Reflectors in fog light bays, Grill mod, K&N Typhoon Intake System, Tiny Yakima Basket Case, Blinker Mod, Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684II M+S P215/70R16, Mega-tron Mt-51R Battery, drilled/slotted rotors/red painted calipers, trailer hitch/wiring, mounted GPS w/pillow
faheyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > E Clubs & Gatherings > Events & Meet Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.