Superbright LED part #'s - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
bennyG19
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Superbright LED part #'s

I'd like to replace the dome lights and map lights with brighter LEDs. Actually I'd like white lights in the domes and red in the map lights. Can I trust the Superbright LED system to give me the correct bulbs or can somebody give me the part numbers or links to the correct items.

Is there any danger to doing this?

Thanks
bennyG19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Here's what I did, http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...8&postcount=28

The connection caps are a little loose (small OD)for the fixture, easy way to fix that is to double up the caps by carefully removing the caps from the old incandescent bulbs and just placing over the new led caps.

By carefully I mean outside of your element, because its very easy to crack the glass on those bulbs.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Stoked
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

This is what I ended up buying. I bent the connection in the center dome a little to grab the bulb better

Map lights
2 | 3022-xHP4: DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon| $ 6.95 |
3022-CWHP4: Cool White

Rear and center dome
2 | 4210-xHP6: 6451 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Festoon| $ 14.95 |
4210-CWHP6: Cool White
HD Grill Guard, LightInSight, Plasti dip'd emblems, grill, and grill guard, Elemmat, Die cut rubber tray & cup liners, Modded neoprene covers on overhead handles, LED replacement ft/r dome & map bulbs, Class III hitch w/ Skid Shield, Thule Aero bars, Ruff Tuff seat covers (soon)
Stoked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Rob Dobbs
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

For the map lights you dont want so much output it affects night time driving so the 4 smd's are a good call. Ive never understood why people use colored bulbs but to each their own. If you choose to go with colored bulbs for any reason ask yourself why before spending the money.

If your after much more light in the domes 6 or even 8 smd bulbs wont do it. The output will be more crisp and the main gain will be the drain on your electrical will be a fraction of what it is with incandescent.

To get noticeable output and light go after the full panel of led's. I run a 50 smd panel front and rear. For me working out of the E at night in pitch black areas there isnt anything better thats a simple swap. Some have installed led strips that run off the dome lights but with the panels, its all not needed.

50 smd panel fits in the factory location with zero modifications.

Front and rear domes on.

Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Stoked
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Wow I wouldn't think 50 smd fits. 6 smd is getting the job done for me but I'm not working out of my car at night. I'd be worried about blinding my passengers w/ 50 lol
HD Grill Guard, LightInSight, Plasti dip'd emblems, grill, and grill guard, Elemmat, Die cut rubber tray & cup liners, Modded neoprene covers on overhead handles, LED replacement ft/r dome & map bulbs, Class III hitch w/ Skid Shield, Thule Aero bars, Ruff Tuff seat covers (soon)
Stoked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
bennyG19
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Robb,
part number for that? Looks killer. I ordered a couple of 6 LED festoons from amazon for $5 each because I was already ordering some speakers from them and I have amazon prime so the shipping is free. I'll see how they do.
bennyG19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
yednor
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Hey rob I would like part number also
Thanks so much
Mods: 18 inch wheels, smoked headlights, fog lights, tail lights and emblems, Yakima roof rack, eclipse DVD player, smoked side markers, interior LEDs, black side steps, HD grill mod, led 3rd brake light
yednor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Rob Dobbs
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

I dont know any part number for any paid reseller off this forum. Until this boards weird seller rules forbid me to resell here I used to sell complete E LED packages between $20 and $25 shipped. There are also 12, 24 and 36 SMD led panels as well as one watt festoon led bulbs but the 50 panel isnt blinding, just more than enough light. I tried them all and stick with the 50 panel. No issues over the past few years between two E's. Also had them in the prior PT Loozer for a few years as well. They also light up the exterior just enough to help find the exterior door handles in pitch black night.

Trick is with the panels is the adapter. Without it you either need to hack the bulb or replace the contacts on the receptacle itself.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #9
Island E
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dobbs View Post
50 smd panel fits in the factory location with zero modifications.
I picked up a couple of those before off ebay and they turned out to be complete garbage. After a few months the LEDs in there started to go out one after another until towards the end I was left with 3 or 4 that flickered like strobe lights.

Last edited by AztecRol; 11-30-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Island E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
Rob Dobbs
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

There are a few different manufacturers and styles. This type seems to not have issues BUT the other makes with the covers on the led's did burn out quickly. I tried a dozen or so various styles over the years and this one never seems to have issues in the past 8 years of using them in various vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.