Oil leakage! - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
jettdog
EOC Rank: Seagull

Unhappy Oil leakage!

Maybe the last straw with my 2003 Element. I have about 127,000 km. on the vehicle and notice now that there is a slow oil leak from somewhere. I had a oil change a couple of months ago (not at dealership) then noticed oil smell after running engine during regular commutes and drips of oil on front passenger side under carriage. I thought at first maybe loose plug or double seal on filter. Took it back to lube service station they checked tightness of filter and plug and said they're ok. I had them do another oil change and power wash the underside . They could not see where oil was coming from. Couple days later I noticed oil smell again as well as drips underneath. I put the vehicle up on ramps, ran the engine tried to see any leaks but could'nt see where the leak is. Filter looks good and tight plug is tight. Engine is wet with oil all around pulleys and alternator. So far nothing but problems with this vehicle from about 3 months after I bought it. Wind shield cracks of course, drivers side weather stripping falls off on bottom of door dealer "fixed" it three times, replaced door locks twice and expect it to happen again, excessive drivers seat wear after 6 months, worn stabalizer bushing after 80,000 km., replaced ignition module ($1100 hit) 3 months ago. The door seal is coming off again and now this oil issue. Anybody else have this leakage problem? Any ideas where it might be coming from? What was the repair cost? Thanxs.
jettdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
saintmickey
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Send a message via AIM to saintmickey Send a message via MSN to saintmickey Send a message via Yahoo to saintmickey
I am currently sitting at a Honga Service center with exact oil leak problem....exact description you gave. What was it????

Last edited by saintmickey; 12-01-2012 at 10:31 AM.
saintmickey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
AztecRol
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

Send a message via AIM to AztecRol Send a message via MSN to AztecRol Send a message via Yahoo to AztecRol
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmickey View Post
I am currently sitting at a Honga Service center with exact oil leak problem....exact description you gave. What was it????
You wont get an answer from the OP. They signed up, logged on, posted that
post, then logged off. Has NEVER been back.

AztecRol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
saintmickey
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Send a message via AIM to saintmickey Send a message via MSN to saintmickey Send a message via Yahoo to saintmickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecRol View Post
You wont get an answer from the OP. They signed up, logged on, posted that
post, then logged off. Has NEVER been back.
My luck. Thx for head up
saintmickey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
hunterstroble
2003 4WD DX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

I just replaced my VTEC solenoid gasket and oil pressure switch that was defective to fix those oil leak concerns. Total was 28.00 in parts, took me a half hour to do. Shop may charge an hour labor? I'm not sure.
hunterstroble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
wrxdan2002
2004 2WD LX MT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterstroble View Post
I just replaced my VTEC solenoid gasket and oil pressure switch that was defective to fix those oil leak concerns. Total was 28.00 in parts, took me a half hour to do. Shop may charge an hour labor? I'm not sure.
Will give that a try. I have had the same leak for 2yrs!
wrxdan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.