Leaky weather stripping / windows - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
GuyRocks
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Leaky weather stripping / windows

Both of my doors up front have developed leaks. Beads of water form on the inside weather stripping at the tops of the windows -then drip down onto the arm rest where the window/door controls are.

There are 2 lines of weather stripping around the doors. One on the door and another on the car body. Problem seems to be the weather stripping on the door itself. When I open the door there is water on the weather stripping of the door and on the weather stripping on the body side, too. But because the weather stripping on the door is further out, I suspect this is the problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

My E is an '07.

Why would the weather stripping suddenly fail like this?

There are no cracks or tears in it. Dealer guy says this could run $500 to fix/replace depending on which stripping needs to be replaced.

Cheers.
GuyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Island E
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Looked at mine the other day and I noticed that in the corners it's starting to come apart. 5 years old and it's failing? Cheap garbage!!!

I did the weather stripping on my 2000 Civic's doors. It's not that hard. Order the weather stripping kits from majestichonda.com (under the FRONT DOOR PANELS section) and weather strip adhesive from your local autoparts store and call it good.
Island E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Tags
door , drip , leak , rain , weather stripping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.