2004 E 149k...First Major Repair (oil leak) How did I do?$$$ - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
saintmickey
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Send a message via AIM to saintmickey Send a message via MSN to saintmickey Send a message via Yahoo to saintmickey
2004 E 149k...First Major Repair (oil leak) How did I do?$$$

I'm sure these have been around but I finally noticed a oil leak due to a couple small drops every day on the driveway and a like oil/smoke smell from under the hood when I drove it "hard"....

How'd I do?

Water Pump Kit ( Water Pump, Crank Seal (1 of the oil leaks), Drive Belt. Coolant Flush
Adjust Valves
VTech Spool Valve (2nd Oil Leak)
VTech Spool Valve filter
Power Steering Pump Seal (3rd Oil Leak)
VTec Oil Control Valve O Rign r&r All
Free Rental Car LOL
Oil Change

Lots of misc. O-Rings and Seals and Gaskets listed that I can't really describe

Orig. Quoted $1602...then talked to a more reasonable Service Advisor...so I
Paid $1095

Just wondering if I was in the ball park on price. Very nice seeing the engine so clean and oil free now...so it was worth it no matter what IMO.

Thanks for your thoughs/experience.
saintmickey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
ScottyBoy
2005 2WD LX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

$1000 well spent I say...

My thoughts...
This $1000 may be just what it needed to take you from 149k miles to 200k miles (or more) without anything else "major" happening. Sounds like they were very thorough. Just curious - any noticeable difference in engine sound after the valve adjustment? I need to do mine.

S
ScottyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
saintmickey

Send a message via AIM to saintmickey Send a message via MSN to saintmickey Send a message via Yahoo to saintmickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy View Post
My thoughts...
This $1000 may be just what it needed to take you from 149k miles to 200k miles (or more) without anything else "major" happening. Sounds like they were very thorough. Just curious - any noticeable difference in engine sound after the valve adjustment? I need to do mine.

S
Hey thanks for reply....
YES I noticed that the engine sounded different/better. I didn't notice how it sounded because I was exposed to it every day...hard to explain it but now sounds healthier with no "rattle".

I'd post some pics of work order if that helped anyone....
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
ScottyBoy
2005 2WD LX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

No need for pics...

hey saintmick...no need for pics of your invoice. If you hadn't done well with your service, people would be letting you know. Keep drivin!
ScottyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
saintmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy View Post
hey saintmick...no need for pics of your invoice. If you hadn't done well with your service, people would be letting you know. Keep drivin!
Thx!
You too!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.