The Brave Little Toaster's build thread. - Page 4 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
AlxINC
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

I believe they are aftermarket, not much visually different but there weren't any Honda logos on it. As for quality, just by driving over the weekend the seem to reflect way more light. I'm getting another 15ft of visibility in the dark. That could be attributed to the beam alignment I did though.

Final verdict- equal if not greater than stock, but they are hella cool looking.

Aaannnddd I got the bull bar and nerf bars installed!

The nerf bars were easy enough to install and the quality is what I expected from a $120 dollar set. The bull bar however I'm not impressed with. No instructions were included, was tOld no drilling was needed but they neglected to tell me a dremmel was needed to get to the mounting holes.
AlxINC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Looks great! Thanks for the info. on those headlights.
Eww-an E is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #33
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

New to me Sub

Dropped in Swaggers custom 15in sub enclosure. Stoked to have my back hatch area again. Going to pick up a speaker grill tomorrow. Maybe some LEDs also.

Next up is re-carpeting the back passenger area and I can't decide to redo the vinyl on the enclosure or carpet it also...Opinions?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
murso74
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i'm jealous of that sub
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #35
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

It's nice. It's different than the one I had before but I my just need to tune the amp. Another surprise with it is that it's wired for another amp so me 4 channel will fit nicely.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
Lowpeezy
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 4WD EX AT

I bought that same exact bull bar, but actually have it packaged up for return to Truck Gear Direct. Do you like it? and got any other pics of it mounted?

I just dont know if adding something to my E that is pretty much just for decorative purpose is worth it. I don't even think I would be able to ram shopping carts at Wal-mart without worrying if it would get bent lol
Lowpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

I like it, it is a cosmetic upgrade but when you think about it snce it is a lower end that wont offer much protection I'd rather have it collapse immediately in an accident and not have to worry about frame damage.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #38
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

Bass Knob

Didnt like the underdash look of the bass knob....

I need to find a different knob for it, I really dont like it being the only piece of metal on the dash, however the location is perfect.

Forgive the vinyl, it's not holding up as well as I'd would have liked, I may steal Yoshi's idea and stickerbomb it.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #39
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Your E is coming along quite nicely my friend. Love the sub, man its tight!!
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #40
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxINC View Post
Didnt like the underdash look of the bass knob....

I need to find a different knob for it, I really dont like it being the only piece of metal on the dash, however the location is perfect.

Forgive the vinyl, it's not holding up as well as I'd would have liked, I may steal Yoshi's idea and stickerbomb it.
What brand/model bass knob is that?

I installed a somewhat similar looking bass knob from Scosche in my E' on the right side of the shifter on that same panel, well close to the same panel, as I swapped mine out for an SC trim panel. I could post a picture of the knob and panel if you'd like to see it.
Eww-an E is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.