New owner in OR - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Greetings & Introductions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
bkma71
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 2WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

New owner in OR

Hey everyone
Just picked up a 05 element ex 2wd at with 5k ori miles for the wifes new daily. Been lurking getting all the info so decided id join in. We have already discovered quite a few little quirks with the car but overall we love it and ive been browsing for all kinds of attachments/upgrades. First on the list being snow tires and been looking into using some jeep/ranger 15" wheels as they are they seem to be best bang for the buck if theyll clear the brakes.

Ben
My only pic at the moment
bkma71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Elemental One
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 4WD EX-P AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

WOW.......5K in miles??? That's amazing

probably should change out all the fluids, though.....

-Robert
Elemental One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
EdwardChen
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Wow, 5K!

Love the color too! Why jeep/ranger wheels? You should be able to find cheap alloy or steel wheels, since many other honda's have the same bolt pattern and offset. You should be able to find a set of alloys that fit for $150 (old RSX or Civic wheels), or even a set of old 16" steelies from a civic or element for even less!

Congrats and welcome!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
bkma71
2005 2WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

Ya the 5k was the huge draw in for us and still being able to get the warranty through the dealer. It seems it was a old ladys car as we found her temporary licesnse in the owners manual and her DOB was in the 20's I believe .
235/75/15 seems to be a really common tire size and found a set of studded snow tires that was only used for 2 weeks for $150. Also found some on jeep wheels for $200. Looking for something similar in overall size but I couldnt find anyone with info as to what the minimum offset is for running 15"mag/steel wheels and everyone that is running 15"'s seems to have a really low or maybe negative offset wheel. If I stumble across some cheap 15" honda or even aftermarket alloys with closer to factory offset I would surely check them out. But as it is we will probably only use the tires for trips to the mtn which is like 5-6times a year at most so trying to spend as little as possible for this years season anyways.
bkma71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
weezo182
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

nice.. i love the black E's
1953 Chevy 3100 Ratrod
2012 cobraJet
weezo182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Tandemduo
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Welcome,

Wow what a find mileage wise. I guess you found the real "Little old lady only drove it on Sunday" Element!

Kiwi - mods- Pilot steering wheel. Full audio upgrade. Slash guards. Ongoing color matching mod.

Root beer -Mods- De-badged. Color matched Splash guards, Grille, Mirrors, Center stack Limo tinted windows. Honda leather steering wheel cover,and shifter handle. Ridgeline key mod.LED blub replacements. Custom hands free mic mod. Full Audio Upgrades Rear Spoiler. Fog lights.
Tandemduo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Wow, Got to be the lowest Mileage 2005 out there. A great score indeed! Welcome aboard!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Popenator
2005 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Nice E you found. Wish I had fewer miles when I bought ours, but it runs like a champ with 128000, so you should have a great fun vehicle for many years to come. I also like the black ones too. Maybe its because I have one. Welcome

Pain is a white flag planted in the fortress of a rebel heart.
Popenator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
skellington
2003 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Thumbs up

Welcome to the board ! That is insanely low mileage, very cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Greetings & Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.