Full size spare rear rack? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
lucas2696
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Full size spare rear rack?

I was wondering if anyone had ever attempted to make (or is there one available) a rear tire rack for an E. The reason I ask is that when I get around to putting a good sound system in my car I was thinking hiding the sub in the spare tire area in the floor would be perfect, as I would be able to maintain all my cargo area, which I frequently use. I've never needed the spare in that car, but knowing my luck, if I got rid of the spare entirely, I'd need it. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this or had done this before. I was hoping to make it attach to the liftgate so it would lift out of the way with the gate. Going for kinda a pseudo jeep type thing.
lucas2696 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
murso74
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i'm probably going to figure out a way to put it on the roof. most likely with a gobi rack next year.
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
chuckc1971
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

I just don't think there is enough structure to safely hang a full size spare on it. The tailgate would be stronger, but i think it would get in the way of lowering it. I do have one thought for you and it wouldn't be cheap, but fabbing up something from this would work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dgOKm3LiwM0
OEM fogs/splash guards/sidesteps/storage arm rest, Weather Tech visors, AVS Bugflector II, Brockoli bar/Hella Dynaview lights, U-haul hitch, hitch safe, Injen/Flowmaster SS exhaust, Injen CAI, EBC rotors/Hawk pads, 235x70 Michelin A/T2s, front window tint, Shen's turn signal mod, 1-click>all unlock, cleared lights/markers, Osram H4 65/70w headlights, both domes together, full Elemmat kit, Panavise GPS mount, Ultimate Cupholder, ST sway bars/Hotchkis links, mucho LEDS + Plasti-dip.
chuckc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
lucas2696
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT

That looks like a real good idea, I just fear it would be too bulky. I might be able to make something a little slicker..
lucas2696 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
illig
2004 4WD EX 5AT

if you don't live in the boonies, then just get a can of fix a flat and an AAA membership...
illig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.