07+ 5-spd rev hang? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
djmatix
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD LX MT
Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

Send a message via AIM to djmatix
07+ 5-spd rev hang?

I just picked up an 08 5-spd and put a couple of hundred miles on it. I noticed that there is a "click-click" when using the clutch while shifting. It sounds like a switch of some sort. I noticed that there is a slight delay with the RPMs coming down between shifts.

A friend of mine had an 07 or 08 SI that did this and I guess it was put into place to help people who aren't familiar 5/6spd cars or fuel mileage. From what I understand, Honda released a software update that remedied the hang. Does anyone know if there is such an update for the Element?

Thanks
djmatix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
jesbecause
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD LX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to jesbecause
Maybe you can find something similar here :http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...squeaky+clutch

Good luck

Last edited by jesbecause; 01-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
jesbecause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
John1
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatix View Post
I just picked up an 08 5-spd and put a couple of hundred miles on it. I noticed that there is a "click-click" when using the clutch while shifting. It sounds like a switch of some sort. I noticed that there is a slight delay with the RPMs coming down between shifts.

A friend of mine had an 07 or 08 SI that did this and I guess it was put into place to help people who aren't familiar 5/6spd cars or fuel mileage. From what I understand, Honda released a software update that remedied the hang. Does anyone know if there is such an update for the Element?

Thanks
I've got a Japanese truck with a manual transmission, and there is also a click-click every time I use the clutch while shifting. I've never dug into it...to tell you the truth, I made an assumption it was the clutch safety switch...so, maybe that is what is making the click sound on yours?
John1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Tags
dbw , drive by wire , rev , rev hang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.