The Brave Little Toaster's build thread. - Page 5 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #41
AlxINC
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

Its a memphis, guy threw it in free when I bought the sub. But yeah post a pic for me if you can.
AlxINC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #42
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxINC View Post
Its a memphis, guy threw it in free when I bought the sub. But yeah post a pic for me if you can.
Gotcha.

Here you go.

Eww-an E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #43
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

I was thinking about putting it on that side but I wasn't sure if the shifter would get in the way, especially since I'm always adjusting it on the fly depending on the song that's playing.

I really dig the blue lights behind the HVAC controls
Old 01-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #44
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxINC View Post
I was thinking about putting it on that side but I wasn't sure if the shifter would get in the way, especially since I'm always adjusting it on the fly depending on the song that's playing.

I really dig the blue lights behind the HVAC controls
I think in that location the shifter actually makes it more comfortable to use. When I place my palm on the shifter it's easy to reach and adjust at anytime with just a pointer and middle finger.

Thanks, I also dig my the blue lights behind my HVAC controls. I'm not sure if you've seen this, but here's the thread I made showing how I did that mod.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...145&highlight=
Eww-an E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #45
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

I've read it a couple times actually, it's on my to do list, especially after the temp control light finally died. Not sure of the color though. End game for the E is gonna be a flat black on the outside with neon green accents on the silver plastic parts on the exterior, and I was thinking of replacing the lights green ones on the interior also...but that is way down the line.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #46
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

Sticker bomb and Proof I am the unluckiest SOB alive.

After admiring Yoshi's sticker bombing I wanted to try out the look

Not sure about it, Maybe because its the only piece of it in the car but I'll see if it grows on me and maybe go with the theme.

Now the unlucky part. After plans fell through yesterday I decided what better way to spend the day than detailing the interior of my toaster? I decided to go all out this time beyond a wipe down and a vacuum. Worked my way around the car all bits and pieces of trash picked up wiped down the dash, replaced cabin filter, the whole nine. Then said hey I haven been under the trim in a while (IE ever) so i lifted up the trim under the drivers seat and picked up the stuff that made it through the rails of the seat when suddenly I felt a light but sharp poke. Peeking down in there I saw an INCH LONG RAZOR BLADE wedged in there close call right? As I was standing up to go grab pliers to pull out the razor I lost my balance fell sliding my hand back under my seat and STRAIGHT INTO IT!

Six stitches across three fingers later my hand is out of commission for the time being.

Lesson learned: You never know what is in a used car.

The link is to the pic of the damage done to the hand. I figured I wouldnt force anyone to look at it.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4bef476f.jpg
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #47
murso74
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i've sliced my hand twice on razor blades under the seat. dont' knwo WHY they seem to collect there or why i still just shove my hand under the seat anymore but i feel your pain
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #48
AlxINC
2003 4WD EX AT

So I'm not the only one!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #49
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT

FUUUUuuuuu that sucks man. looks painful. used cars are full of dangers. No fun. Hope you heal up fast.

Oh yeah, that sticker bomb is a unique place and looks neat on photos, but I think it would put too much distracting reflection on the clear plastic. Ive thought about that with the carbon fiber vinyl

Last edited by Slobadon; 02-13-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Slobadon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #50
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

The Army would say Joe wasn't using his proper PPE for the job. However good on you for doing yer PMC's on that E. the cut was pretty bad, in the AF we go on quarters for less!! Haha
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.