Nokian WRG2 vs upsize 225/75-16 BFG/Grabber/etc? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
djeddiebear
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Nokian WRG2 vs upsize 225/75-16 BFG/Grabber/etc?

Looking at either WRG2s or upsizing a bit to 225/75-16s. What I'm really wanting to know is if someone out there has had both and how they compare in road noise and comfort. I'm really looking to improve that in my next tire. Currently running 19s with Continental Extreme Contact DWS and the ride is a lot smoother and quieter than my old Yokohama Geolander HT/S tires. I've read many reviews on both separately, but for those two criteria (noise and ride comfort) is like apples vs oranges.. Any input would be great.

Thanks!

2006 NBP EX-P AWD
djeddiebear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
djeddiebear
2006 4WD EX-P AT

Has anyone tried the new Nokian Rotiiva AT? They make them in 225/75-16 and from other forums, they seem to be capable AT tires. I wonder if it's a good compromise of the WRG2 and some AT (like BFG/General Grabbers, etc)?

2006 NBP EX-P AWD
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
Gordon Hamilton
2010 2WD LX MT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Hi, I am familiar with the Nokian Rotiiva AT, i have a set and a friend is running a set also. Very pleasing results from a new introduction to the All Terrain market. I believe the Halo Trust are actually conducting tests in Afghanistan with a set on one of their 110 Land Rover's

G
Gordon Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
SJordan72
2006 4WD EX AT
Other

I have been running 215/75/16 Grabber AT2s on my Vanagon Syncro Westfalia (which I just sold for an E) and I love them. Well priced, quiet, and great in the snow.
SJordan72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
djeddiebear
2006 4WD EX-P AT

After a couple spin outs yesterday in the snow it looks like my Yokohama Geolander HT/S are just about done. Luckily the E came out unscathed. The WRG2 SUVs have been ordered and should be here next week. Keep you updated.

2006 NBP EX-P AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.