Few cooler mod questions - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Phunkster
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Few cooler mod questions

I have a 2008 ex and am thinking about getting the cooler console installed in my center console spot. Now should I order the all season floor mats for an 09? Also I have the armrest storage console, will this interfer with cooler?
Phunkster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Nasty2004
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 *Former Element owner
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Cooler:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...console+cooler

Floor mats:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...console+cooler

I found these by searching "center console cooler."
Nasty2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

the storage armrest interferes with the cooler. the cupholders in front are fine. to remove the cooler or open the top you'll have to remove the armrest first. what i did was take off the lid of the cooler and just use it as a bin to hold stuff. its a really flimsy top that pops right off
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Phunkster
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Is it possible to remove the cooler if I recline the front seat? Not sure if I want to spend $300 and not be able to use cooler or lose my armrest, but I can't stand the location of current cup holders. I originally was goin to do Sc console convert but didn't want to lose my armrest

And if I remove the lid and use cooler is it possible to pop or snap the top back on? Thanks
Phunkster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i dont' think its possible even with the seat reclined. you can easily pop the top back on. i dont' think i'll ever actually use the thing as a cooler though. its pretty small, doens't have a drain plug and the top is so thin i doubt it would keep anything cool for long.

also i'm not sure if the cupholders will be much of an improvement if any from the origional.
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Nasty2004
2007 *Former Element owner
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I think the storage armrest pops off easily, so you can just take it off when you need to get to the cooler. Try a search and see what it turns up.
Nasty2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Island E
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Wanna get into the cooler with the storage arm rest? Slide your seat up.
Island E is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.