Anyone here a electronics guru? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
MindlessProdigy
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 2WD LX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Anyone here a electronics guru?

I'm in the market for a new blu/DVD player.

Requirements:
Ability to play video formats from USB
Play multiple/various video formats from disc (more the better)
Needs to have Internet apps ( at least Netflix, but doesn't have to be wifi)
Price range in between $100-200, closer to $100of course the better.
Doesn't have to be 3D, would prefer not to be to keep cost lower.

In a nutshell, looking for one that can play videos from USB, play a ton of different formats and has Netflix apps.

If anyone has one that matching this, please tell what it is and pros/cons.

Thanks....
MindlessProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
TorGa3iGhT
EOC Rank: Helium
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

PS3 is hands down the best blu ray player still...I think on black friday weekend they were down to 200. If you wait it out a lil longer til the end of this year, I think the PS4 is supposed to release, which means the ps3 price should go down more...

I've used a few standalone blu ray players, but I always have problems with certain video formats with those...with the PS3, it pretty much plays everything. Plus I can play games! haha
TorGa3iGhT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Rob Dobbs
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

Yup, PS3 plays pretty much anything and as mentioned many stand alone units have issues with not only compatibility but reliability as well. No use in spending any money on a future door stop. Spring for the PS3, even a used one.
Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
MennoToaster
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

I'm currently looking at Blu ray players as well. I'm behind in technology, my brother recommended Panasonic or Sony. There's a very nice looking silver panasonic player that has everything ever needed but I'm hoping it will go down in price, right now it's $230

What is the disk load time for a PS3?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
atetra
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2010 4WD EX 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

Take a look at the Sony BDP-S590. It will playback from USB and it has wi-fi w/ apps. Plus it's currently under $100 @ Amazon.
Fog Lights, Splash Guards, Polk db651s and db1001 Speakers, Uhaul/Valley Trailer Hitch, Fiamm Freeway Blasters, Rubber Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, K&N Air Filter and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R SUV tires on Steelies w/ LX Wheel Covers for the winter
atetra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Rob Dobbs
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

Disk load time, never thought about it but by the time I sit down the Sony PS3 menu is up, select DVD movie, its playing.
Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.