Found a good deal on an EX, but it looks like it has an LX bumper on it? pic inside - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
pbrb
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Citrus Fire Metallic (CFM)

Found a good deal on an EX, but it looks like it has an LX bumper on it? pic inside

so here's the pic - http://images.craigslist.org/3K53Mb3...ae0fee1e63.jpg

Everything is great about this car except I'm thinking that's not an EX bumper, it's an LX bumper. Right? What's up with that? What do you guys think?
pbrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
GaryS
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

I think it's a LX bumper. Probably suffered front end damage and the LX front was cheaper.
GaryS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
pbrb
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Citrus Fire Metallic (CFM)

cool, will have to be sure to run a carfax if everything else checks out. as long as it's not rebuilt, i'm cool with a new bumper and it'll probably help me get it even cheaper.
pbrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
GaryS
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrb View Post
cool, will have to be sure to run a carfax if everything else checks out. as long as it's not rebuilt, i'm cool with a new bumper and it'll probably help me get it even cheaper.
Uh, I said this in a previous post (click on the arrow after my user name below to see the whole thread):
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Let me summarize my Carfax Rant: Carfax is crap. A couple of years ago I ran a Carfax on a car that I owned that had been in two accidents that I knew of. The Carfax came back showing no accidents.

Your car obviously has been in an accident as they don't leave the factory like that.

Also- It exhibits pretty shoddy bodywork by whoever did the repair.
The safest thing you could do is to have a pre-purchase inspection done by a reliable independent garage.
GaryS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
04EXE
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2010 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Find another E!
04EXE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Yeah, that front end raised the hair on the back of my neck. Can't trust it without a proper inspection.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
GR8Bike
Premium Member
2004 2WD DX 6MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

+++ on the good independent inspection. Frame, alignment - scary w/o proper info. Maybe nothing - could be costly. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
MennoToaster
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

The fact that the owner was too cheap to fix it the right way would make this an automatic NO for me. If he skimped on the bumper I can only imagine what else he skimped on to save money
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Island E
2008 4WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrb View Post
Carfax won't tell you that the guy slammed into a telephone pole, sourced a used bumper from a junk yard and fixed it himself.

Carfax is becoming less and less reliable. Had a buddy of mine in the market for a used car. He went to a dealer that another friend of mine traded a car in at not too long before that. I know for a fact that this car was t-boned by a drunk driver and insurance was involved and all. Front bumper, hood, fender and the driver's side door were replaced. Covered by insurance without a problem.

The dealer showed him the carfax and it showed a clean history. No mention of the wreck whatsoever.

Last edited by Island E; 01-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Island E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
red-element
2005 4WD EX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I think it's a LX bumper. Probably suffered front end damage and the LX front was cheaper.
There's no LX or EX bumpers. For 2006 (EX-L) there was a primed or dark grey bumper options. FYI, the primered bumper (EX-L designated) is actually cheaper as it requires additional paint job. So in this case they went for a regular dark grey.
So there's NO LX bumper and the one they chose is more money but it came ready.

Last edited by red-element; 01-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.
red-element is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.