Important Vehicle Information Enclosed! - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > E Clubs & Gatherings > California Element Owners > SoCal Owners

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Mr. Darcy
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2009 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Important Vehicle Information Enclosed!

So I got a much anticipated letter from my local Honda Dealer wanting to buy my Element, because "there is a high demand for this type of vehicle." But was a little disappointed that they were offering me less than KBB. That not including my upgrades and the fact that they have my maintenance records. Just needed to vent a little. Other than upgrading my radio my E has everything I need for at least 5 to 10 years. Unless Honda brings back a new E.
Mr. Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Yep. Everyone's getting these if you have recently been to a dealership. I haven't heard of anybody actually being offered enough to make them part ways.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Menteng
2005 *Former Element owner
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

That's a typical sales/marketing strategy for car dealers. They would send out automated letters saying that they are willing to buy back your used car. When you take the bait and show up at the dealership, they will try to sell you a new car. You probably will get below KBB price for your E, because they will only offer to give you the trade-in value. Of course, they will sell your E to their used car lot for a profit.

So they could get money on both sides of the deal, by selling you a new car and selling your used E to the public.
Menteng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Rob Dobbs
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

Hyundai is big on that as well but are generally upfront about it. They fiance a lower priced entry level car to a buyer to build up credit, then a year later upgrade the model car with little to no change in the payment. In other words you buy barebones then swap cars. The entry level used car then goes out to target another first time buyer and the cycle repeats.
Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Mr. Darcy
2009 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

A friend of mine was a Sales Manager for a dealership and was telling me there is a $3000. markup on cars they took take in on trade or buy from auctions. Which sounds about right.
Mr. Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
EXwSCnose
EOC Rank: Neon
2007 SC 2WD 5AT

Agreed, it has a lot less to do with the fact that it is an E, - but much more with turning sales... Don't feel flattered, but rather be ready to get flattened...

Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menteng View Post
That's a typical sales/marketing strategy for car dealers. They would send out automated letters saying that they are willing to buy back your used car. When you take the bait and show up at the dealership, they will try to sell you a new car. You probably will get below KBB price for your E, because they will only offer to give you the trade-in value. Of course, they will sell your E to their used car lot for a profit.

So they could get money on both sides of the deal, by selling you a new car and selling your used E to the public.

...our motor pool...

'91 Accord LX 4D AT ~185,500 miles
'99 Odyssey EX ~110,500 miles Prelude Turbine Style Wheels, OEM hitch, trans & P/S cooler
'05 CR-V EX 4WD AT ~90,500 miles, Side steps, Rear spoiler, Front bumper garnish, fogs, Sunroof deflector.
'07 Element EX 4WD AT Galaxy Gray Metallic SC-nose conversion, SC-console, Body Colored SC-Wheels... RIP 4/21/'10
'07 Element SC AT Nighthawk Black, ~110,000 miles, Billet grille, Avic 3d, Body Colored SC-Wheels...
EXwSCnose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > E Clubs & Gatherings > California Element Owners > SoCal Owners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.