Bluetooth OBD2 sensor & Torque app - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
davidduarte
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Bluetooth OBD2 sensor & Torque app

I recently purchased a BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool (
Amazon Amazon
), $23.99 on Amazon (I have Amazon Prime, I think I get some kind of discount for that). I bought a splitter, but haven't plugged it in yet (
Amazon Amazon
). I downloaded the Torque app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5wcm93bC50b3JxdWUiXQ..) on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and paired up the scanner (piece of cake), then opened the Torque app. It's pretty cool! You can customize it with all different types of dials, gauges, digital displays, and graphs etc., for all different kinds of values. I've been using the instant MPG and average MPG to try to reduce my fuel usage. I haven't been through a full tank with it yet, so we'll see how it goes. I can view all this information, and I can clear engine check lights and other error codes as well.
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
TboneGreen
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX MT
Eternal Blue Pearl (EBP)

I've been using the same setup for about a year and LOVE the torque app. I bought the pro version just because I use it so much.

Anybody with an OBD2 port and an android phone should do themselves a favor and spend $20 on a bluetooth adapter!
TboneGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
GRNDHOG
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 2WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

May I ask why you bought the splitter? If you needed access to the port, can't you just unplug the Bluetooth adapter?

I'm considering buying one too
GRNDHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
GRNDHOG
2004 2WD EX AT

Okay, I purchased this same setup.

I noticed some items don't work (I'd love to get transmission temp)

Think there is a list somewhere that says what the Element computer supports and what it doesn't?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

the only down side is that our elements do not have sensors on every moving part for torque app to read. the upside is that lowers the cost of the element and is crazy reliable. when you go to select a new display, you can scroll the list of every working and non working display. Do me a favor, get back to me with the coolant temperature when the radiator fans kick on. Im curious if yours is also around 213 -217.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
GRNDHOG
2004 2WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobadon View Post
the only down side is that our elements do not have sensors on every moving part for torque app to read. the upside is that lowers the cost of the element and is crazy reliable. when you go to select a new display, you can scroll the list of every working and non working display. Do me a favor, get back to me with the coolant temperature when the radiator fans kick on. Im curious if yours is also around 213 -217.
Will do...
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
maltedbarley
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX MT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

I've been using torque now for about a year and love it. I had been using the bluetooth OBD-II scanner you posted until about a month ago when I found this one. Cheaper, but slow delivery from China. And no more kicking it on occasion.

I had heard of issues with the adapter not working, but I've ordered 3 now with no issues at all. Also, beware of the disc that they send with it, I read that there's a trojan on there.
Mods & Accessories- Sparman lift, RBB Intake Mani, INJEN cat-back, THULE rack, Side steps, Passenger door lock, Behind-grill offroad lights, K&N drop in, Elemats, Custom interior bike mount, Fog lights, Ridgeline key, Remote start

My Ride
maltedbarley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
GRNDHOG
2004 2WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobadon View Post
Dude, I drove all over town today. AC on and AC off. I never got coolant temp over 195. Outside temps were mid 80s, too.

I tried and tried. lol
Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Slobadon
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

sweet, but what about stopped and idling after driving around for a while?

And when you turn the ac on, both fans turn on and it helps to cool your radiator also. Try idling with the ac and heater off after a good drive.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
GRNDHOG
2004 2WD EX AT

Same results.

Ac off
Driving 188
Stop light 194

Ac on
Driving 190
Stop light 194
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.