Utility Trailer - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
siebermd
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Utility Trailer

I picked up a Texas Bragg "Little Bragg" trailer today. Wow, what a fantastic trailer. Its a 4x8 with a wooden deck and a ramp. I had a different brand of trailer for several years which I purchased at a big box store. It was great for what it was but I didn't grasp the quality until I pulled this one today. I really does make a difference to have a quality trailer. It didnt make a single noise while pulling it empty where my old one would have been clanging at every pebble in the road. The E pulled it wonderfully. I will give it a good test this weekend with a dump run.

I hope the picture posts..
Attached Images

siebermd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
siebermd
2003 4WD EX AT

Well, I loaded it up today with an old couch, xmas tree, and a pile of scrap wood from the back yard. (approx 600lbs not including trailer) Towing is definitely not high on the list of the Es capabilities. But it did do just fine. I would not venture to exceed the 1500lbs rating by much if at all. It will work just fine for picking up supplies or the occasional dump run, however, I don't think I would try one of those Travel Trailers.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
scorsone
EOC Rank: Carbon
2005 4WD EX MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

I wonder if the Auto transmission has much to do with the feel of towing. I have never felt uneasy with my E towing larger loads. It was only stopping that caused any concern.

That is a nice looking trailer BTW. I have been looking for a new trailer for some time now. Just not quite sure what specs I want to go with. I could use both enclosed and open...

Long live the EOC Buccaneers.
scorsone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
aday
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

i'm looking at something about the same size too right now....but having a hard time finding a used one that size with the V tongue like yours instead of the 1 arm.

how much did your trailer cost if you don't me asking?
aday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
davehg
EOC Rank: Helium
2011 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

I totally agree, a good trailer makes a huge difference. I tow dirt and street bikes, long distances too (last trip was 2200 miles). For local trips, a steel trailer with 12in wheels is just fine, but for long distance, I went with an aluminum trailer with 14 inch wheels. Much lighter, and easier to stay within payload limits. I like the Alumna trailers, and went with the 548. Only 330 lbs. They cost a bit more, the trailer and a nose box were $1500. Hard to find used, and not much cheaper than new.

Here are some pix

Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #6
siebermd
2003 4WD EX AT

Cost of my trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aday View Post
i'm looking at something about the same size too right now....but having a hard time finding a used one that size with the V tongue like yours instead of the 1 arm.

how much did your trailer cost if you don't me asking?
I did a lot of Craigslist searching, but found only junk for top dollar. It finally just made sense to go to the local trailer depot (Superior Trailer) and buy new. I ended up paying $870, which is a little more then planned, but well worth it in the end. You can find a local dealer by going to the Texas Bragg website if that is what you are looking for.
Matt
Old 02-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
aday
2008 SC 2WD 5AT

see the aluminum one would be perfect. i didn't even think to look for those. but i don't think i can afford those tho.

i'll look around to see if i can find someone that sells Tx Bragg then. :)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
aday
2008 SC 2WD 5AT

got my trailer this evening!

it's a Big-Tex 15LT (4x8, 1500lbGVWR, 430lb weight)
previous owner redid all the lights & wiring.
it pulled great! if it wasn't for the occasional squeaking from the connection, i wouldn't know it's back there.

now i just need to learn how to steer in reverse.
Attached Images

Last edited by aday; 02-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
GaryS
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
if it wasn't for the occasional squeaking from the connection, i wouldn't know it's back there.
Although there are downsides to this: a blob of automotive wheel bearing grease on the ball will quiet it.
Quote:
Go to an office parking lot on a Sunday when there are no cars and practice, practice, practice. Work on your skills before you need them.
GaryS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
siebermd
2003 4WD EX AT

Quote:
got my trailer this evening!

it's a Big-Tex 15LT (4x8, 1500lbGVWR, 430lb weight)
previous owner redid all the lights & wiring.
it pulled great! if it wasn't for the occasional squeaking from the connection, i wouldn't know it's back there.

Wow! Great looking rig. How much did it set you back? $$
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.