Aftermarket subwoofer for the stock location? - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Eww-an E
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROWONDER View Post

It will be nice to see the CDT sub integrated in stock local.
I'll try to get those pics up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z(+)diac View Post
Eh at the price for the CDT I may consider going with this Kicker:

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-6-5Inch...=6.5+subwoofer

CDT for comparison - http://www.amazon.com/CDT-Audio-HD-M...pr_product_top
I have the CDT HD-6MDVC which is a subwoofer, the CDT in that link is a midrange. Also, the CDT I installed has dual 4ohm voice coils just like the factory subwoofer, so unlike that Kicker, the CDT is practically a drop in replacement, pretty much the only mods I had to do to get it to fit was to drill four new mounting holes.

Here's the CDT I installed in my Element.
http://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_componen...ss/hd6mdvc.htm
Eww-an E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #12
Audiophyle
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

That is a good find Ewww. I would not call that a subwoofer though, more like an extended range mid regardless of what CDT wants to call it. It's range is only down to 42hz and goes up to a staggering 4khz, which is pretty high for a "subwoofer". Power requirements are good though, with the OEM amp you've got to be giving it around 50% of its rated power.

The kicker is a poor choice, it needs almost twice the power of the CDT, which is already a little bit much for the oem amp.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Elephent
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

This is my sub set up now, JL Audio CLS113RG-W7AE with a 1000w Brutus amp. Also have Orion components in the front doors and Orion mids in the rear doors. I'm happy with the sound but hate the amount of trunk space lost...the box is just too heavy to be moving in and out of the trunk when needed. I don't need the bass the 13.5" puts out just a little tight punchy bass to fill in the void would be fine. I was just wondering if I should try to fit a 6.5 or 8" in the factory location (no my lx does not have the factory woofer location but it's $35 to swap out the storage panel to the woofer panel). Or my other thought was to mount a sub tube right behind the drivers seat or one of these http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...PT.html?tp=114 under the rear seat to the side.

Elephent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
murso74
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

gotta mount that spare tire on the roof and use that space for the sub ;)
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephent View Post
This is my sub set up now, JL Audio CLS113RG-W7AE with a 1000w Brutus amp. Also have Orion components in the front doors and Orion mids in the rear doors. I'm happy with the sound but hate the amount of trunk space lost...the box is just too heavy to be moving in and out of the trunk when needed. I don't need the bass the 13.5" puts out just a little tight punchy bass to fill in the void would be fine. I was just wondering if I should try to fit a 6.5 or 8" in the factory location (no my lx does not have the factory woofer location but it's $35 to swap out the storage panel to the woofer panel). Or my other thought was to mount a sub tube right behind the drivers seat or one of these http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...PT.html?tp=114 under the rear seat to the side.

How good does that puppy sound?? Looks nice
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
Elephent

yeah it's pretty beast at any sound level. A bit overkill I must say, never even turned the gain half way yet.
Elephent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #17
Eww-an E
2003 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophyle View Post
That is a good find Ewww. I would not call that a subwoofer though, more like an extended range mid regardless of what CDT wants to call it. It's range is only down to 42hz and goes up to a staggering 4khz, which is pretty high for a "subwoofer". Power requirements are good though, with the OEM amp you've got to be giving it around 50% of its rated power.

The kicker is a poor choice, it needs almost twice the power of the CDT, which is already a little bit much for the oem amp.
Thanks, I'm very pleased with how it sounds. On CDT's website they list it as a subwoofer, but the technical data sheet that came with the woofer has it listed as a mid-bass. After a thorough listening to the CDT playing various types of music I would considerate it a subwoofer that would also work great as a mid-bass. Even though it's frequency response is listed as 42Hz I noticed that when placed in that factory ported enclosure it seems to be able to play lower than 42Hz as I noticed while playing some of my test discs. From what I could hear it was capable of playing down to 32Hz. Of course it wasn't able to reproduce that frequency very loud, but I could hear it.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Eww-an E
2003 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROWONDER View Post
It will be nice to see the CDT sub integrated in stock local.
Well here you go Sir.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...025#post981025
Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
Fishboy38
2009 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Check this out as a possible solution I did this and it sounds GREAT!

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...t=amp+location
Fishboy38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.