My 2011 AWD Lx (lowered) - Page 4 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #31
Elephent
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_lumpia? View Post
My Ground Controls are on the way. Are you as low as they go?
Yup mine are all the way down.
Elephent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #32
Jst2878
Premium Member
2011 4WD EX AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

First off, congrats. Second off stop buying stuff without researching. You will need spacers(5mm) to run those accord wheels. I had them. The tire sidewall will rub and overtime overheat and prob explode. Save up for some coil overs and the suspension techniques rear swaybar. Ground control sucks, just a cheap mod which will suck after 10k miles. Save up for quality parts so you don't have to waste time replacing the cheap ****
SC suspension,spoiler,pioneer nav,dvd, BT sc door handles,SC front grille,SC rear hatch, weather mats, ST rear swaybar,SC black interior, Clazzio black leather seats,Oem wind deflector, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob,black lugnuts, Honda tent, interior bike rack,UrSa minor floor tabs and dead pedal, oem mudguards, HID 6000k headlights, HID 3000k foglights, OEM rocker panels, Oem storage armrest, Volk TE37 19 x 8.5 et43
Jst2878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
Elephent

Lol First off thanks for your advise, I've modded my share of cars. Second I don't know what size tire you ran but a 235/50r18 is not rubbing anywhere. As for the Ground Controls I have no problem with them. What part of the coil overs is going to wear out in 10k miles? I'm aware it's harder on my stock struts, that is something I'm willing to sacrifice. I think the Ground Controls rides better than full-coil overs for that reason. I'm not putting sway bars on, it's an Element, I have other cars to play with.
Elephent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #34
burtch07
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

I ran GC'sfor awhile before I went full coil. They sufficed for the time that I needed them to. I can tell you 100% that I loved em over stock setup but now I can say I love my Ksports 100% over my GC's haha. You will definitely know when it is time for new struts!! For me that is when I decided to get coils. It's all personal preference really I could show you some pretty crazy pics of wgat happened to my GC's and I have no clue how it happened?? Bad LA roads maybe?? I did love the way GCs handled though. Enjoy whatca got my man.
burtch07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #35
Mitchubishievo
2008 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Wow those Accord wheels look fantastic. Might have to look into those for a winter wheel instead of my factory SC wheels.
Mitchubishievo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #36
HFOD-BOX
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephent View Post
Hahaha you are right. I never thought to check the bolt pattern, I just assume the Pilots were the same as the other 5-lug hondas. No big deal, they are still in boxes I'll just return them.

As for the coilovers I do like them and it rides nice still, I've always had Honda's mostly Civics and lowered them for the reason they have always handled better than stock. I think the Element looks cool on the Ground Controls but really handles no better.
I can live with them or without them, the reason I thought about selling them is because there are some other things I'd rather do to the E. (roof rack, center console from the SC or the factory subwoofer mod.) I have a JL audio W7 in the trunk that sounds great but its eating up a lot of space...kind of makes the E pointless :(
They can fit easily... U just have to knock out the Lug Washers from the rear of the wheels... and use 21mm lug nuts and you'll be set. I've done it plenty of times for people. Its trendy in the NY/NJ area.
HFOD-BOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #37
kicker_jace
2008 4WD EX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephent View Post
Lol First off thanks for your advise, I've modded my share of cars. Second I don't know what size tire you ran but a 235/50r18 is not rubbing anywhere. As for the Ground Controls I have no problem with them. What part of the coil overs is going to wear out in 10k miles? I'm aware it's harder on my stock struts, that is something I'm willing to sacrifice. I think the Ground Controls rides better than full-coil overs for that reason. I'm not putting sway bars on, it's an Element, I have other cars to play with.
Hey man! How's the GC holding up with the stock struts? I am looking for a drop too with great ride.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
kicker_jace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.