Wiring in a shock sensor to factory alarm/keyless? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
LobsterThief
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Wiring in a shock sensor to factory alarm/keyless?

Hey there,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just built a sweet aluminum roof rack (will make a thread as soon as I can mount it); however, I live in a less than stellar part of Tampa. I park on the street and there's a district chance of a scrap thief pulling it in the middle of the night.

I played around with the idea of electrifying it or casing a printer toner charge but decided that installing a shock sensor to set off the factory alarm would be the best approach :p

I have an 03 DX but the PO had the factory keyless entry installed by the dealer. Does anybody know which wires i would tap into for a 1 or 2-stage shock sensor?

Thanks!
Zach
LobsterThief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
radioactive77
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

i could tell you if yo had the car security diagram but thats the harder part. You could possibly wire the sensor to the door pin that way the alarm sees it as a door open and goes off, would have to diode isolate it from the door though.

Also i would if you havent already get the rack anodized so it doesnt look like aluminum to keep thieves eyes off it and also get security bolts/screws to mount it down, not standard bolts or allen heads.
radioactive77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
GaryS
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive77 View Post
Also i would if you havent already get the rack anodized so it doesnt look like aluminum to keep thieves eyes off it and also get security bolts/screws to mount it down, not standard bolts or allen heads.
Good advice.
GaryS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
LobsterThief
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Good advice.
Yes it was. Turns out I had some leftover roll-on bedliner from my old truck; worked pretty well to hide it.

After I'm done with my fairing I'll post some photos of the process. Thanks for the responses!

Zach
LobsterThief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.