relocating tweeters - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
murso74
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

relocating tweeters

Ok right now i mounted my tweeters in the stock location, but i'm thinking about moving them to the doors. i dont want to put them where the mids are because i have very long legs and cover the speakers. plus if i'm going to do that i may as well just buy coaxials. so here's my choices

i'm thinking of putting them where the red circles are, but i'm not sure yet if there's room behind. has anyone mounted there yet?
Attached Images

EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Rob Dobbs
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Just a thought but have you considered angling them from the stock location?
Rob Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
radioactive77
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

My question is why move them? Technically speaking you should have better staging where they are now considering the distance front the listening area is closer to same distance as if you placed the tweeters where you want them . If you moved them the driver tweeter would be closer throwing your imaging off and would mainly hear the left speaker and wouldn't sound as pleasing .

Your better off aiming them toward the rear view mirror in there current locations or the center low point of the windshield just not directly at each other
radioactive77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i do have them angled.... but i hear the right side so much more then the left even with the left angled as much towards me as possible. i was thinking about that lower spot 1. because it puts it close to the mid and 2. because it would give me a little more distance from my ear for imaging.

when i get in the car tomorrow i'll try turning them away from me and see if that helps
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done

Last edited by murso74; 02-24-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
Tandemduo
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Murso
Check my build. There're spots in the door panels for tweeter placement.
I installed mine there and they sound great.

Kiwi - mods- Pilot steering wheel. Full audio upgrade. Slash guards. Ongoing color matching mod.

Root beer -Mods- De-badged. Color matched Splash guards, Grille, Mirrors, Center stack Limo tinted windows. Honda leather steering wheel cover,and shifter handle. Ridgeline key mod.LED blub replacements. Custom hands free mic mod. Full Audio Upgrades Rear Spoiler. Fog lights.
Tandemduo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

I think you're the reason i started thinking of putting the tweeters there. did you notice is there was room to move down with them?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Tandemduo
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

It does look that way. It's pretty much just a flat panel.

Kiwi - mods- Pilot steering wheel. Full audio upgrade. Slash guards. Ongoing color matching mod.

Root beer -Mods- De-badged. Color matched Splash guards, Grille, Mirrors, Center stack Limo tinted windows. Honda leather steering wheel cover,and shifter handle. Ridgeline key mod.LED blub replacements. Custom hands free mic mod. Full Audio Upgrades Rear Spoiler. Fog lights.
Tandemduo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
radioactive77
2004 4WD EX AT

putting them closer would actually make the imaging worst imo, i would seriously with the angles more as the reflections off glass really affect the sound. mine are in stock location angled toward mirror and my imaging is flawless (i also use an eq and time alignment) I would also try attenuating the right tweeter down comapred to the left , usually there is a swith or jumper on the crossover for this. this could help bring the sound more center.

Having the tweeters in the door panel were you want them is a really bad placement unless you have time alignment adjustments on your radio.

only better place would be kickpanels as this gives you best placement with the most equal length from listening position
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

i tried shooting them up towards the mirror but they don't have much play in them. i may attenuate the passenger side, but i'd like to do that as a last resort. not crazy about the kick panel idea either.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
radioactive77
2004 4WD EX AT

the kickpanel idea was just a example for best placement, i honestly would try to attenuate passenger side, its quick and easy and no need to remount anything.

My element sounds amazing and i personally would not change the location to the doors and i have had a few different vehicles all geared toward pure sound quality dealing with perfect placement with components.

a quicker way of checking would be to fade to front speakers and then fade left or right a couple notches to hear what its like when you kind of have the center stage actually center sounding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.