relocating tweeters - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Audiophyle
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

I agree with Radioactive77 on this one, their original placement is pretty good, but their direction is horrible. Ive found my tweeters to sound better when aiming at me vs away from me. I think you are getting sound from the pass tweeter itself & reflections off the windshield, while the Dr side tweeter is very off-axis with no reflections reinforcing it.

I am currently using zero sound processing except whats offered by my radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #12
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

how ar eyou guys aiming these? i can get a few degrees at best when trying to turn them in the cups
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
murso74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

ok I think I have them aimed better. dug my fingers in and got them tilted towards me. sounds better. thanks guys
EX conversion checklist: 2010 cooler console: done. storage armrest: done. sun visor with mirrors: done. rear aux outlet: done. overhead console: ordered. sound system upgrade: aftermarket. center console sub: done
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

ok last post for me here.. i found the position setting on my radio and put it on front L (drivers seat) while listening to talk radio and the sound seemed to shift to right above my radio. i'm guessing that's my sweet spot?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
ayf
2008 4WD LX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

I have mine in the doors and there's nothing wrong with them. The angle from there to your ears is narrower than the angle from the front pillars. What Audiophyile says in post #11 is correct.

Last edited by ayf; 02-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.
ayf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
Audiophyle
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murso74 View Post
how ar eyou guys aiming these? i can get a few degrees at best when trying to turn them in the cups
I noticed right away with mine by just leaning forward closer to the dash. I have yet to do anything to mine, but to get enough control on direction I will most likely fabricate a new mounting cup and replace the entire tweeter protrusion on the A pillar with one of my own design.

A simple option would be to visit HD or Lowes & get a chunk of PVC pipe that your tweeter will fit in, and cut a thin spacer at an angle. Then mount the tweeter with your new angled spacer (spacer sandwiched between tweeter cup & A pillar) and that should give you a little more angle adjustment.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
murso74
2008 4WD LX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophyle View Post
I noticed right away with mine by just leaning forward closer to the dash. I have yet to do anything to mine, but to get enough control on direction I will most likely fabricate a new mounting cup and replace the entire tweeter protrusion on the A pillar with one of my own design.

A simple option would be to visit HD or Lowes & get a chunk of PVC pipe that your tweeter will fit in, and cut a thin spacer at an angle. Then mount the tweeter with your new angled spacer (spacer sandwiched between tweeter cup & A pillar) and that should give you a little more angle adjustment.
i mangled up my a pillars pretty good so i'll probably try and cut that stock cup at more of an angle and see if i can fill it before i order new ones. i'm getting an idea of what i need to do now though. can't wait for some warm weather
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
mslate
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

I had a hard time getting the tweeters to not sound detached when I installed them in the A-pillar. When I moved them down to the doors with the woofers, they sounded better but I did not like the imaging. I ended up buying a set of the BA imaging tweeters, mounting them in the A-pillars, and leaving the other ones with the woofers in the door. Both sets are attenuated so it does not sound to bright. So far I like it.
mslate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.