Honda Element Owners Club banner

Complete OEM Audio Schematic for EX and SC (amplified)

117K views 80 replies 41 participants last post by  DonRics 
#1 ·
I got a tech manual a few days ago and thought this would be useful information to post. I tried scanning the page but it was hard to read so I decided to make up my own using the manual as a guide. I hope it's not too confusing. ;-)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
does this mean somehow we can integrate the stock xm tuner to an aftermarekt radio? a pioneer for example? just a thought, seems possible...
I've been wondering that myself. It may be possible if I had the pin-outs of the bus cable.
When I had the OEM radio in, I listened to the XM some but I wasn't impressed enough to buy it. I listen to my Ipod more than anything.

#8 ·
Chew wan pinouts, mang? Chew gottem.

I've been wanting to try this, since I have a Pioneer, but I haven't been able to find a Pioneer cable. Don't forget, you'll have to sent remote turn on and continuous power, as well as ground on the factory plug to get this to work. I think, however, that since they're both made by pioneer, that it should work.

#17 ·
Anybody know the part numbers of the harness for the radio? I'd basically like to make an extension to move the radio. Buying a male for one end and a female with a lot of wiring should get me there. I'm just worried the "universal" Honda harnesses they sell will be missing pins.

#18 ·
Do you mean for the factory radio? I doubt you will find just an end connector...they usually are sold as a whole wiring harness unit. You might have to find one in a junkyard and cut the end off. What are you going to put in it's place?

#20 ·
I'll be putting a new head unit there but want to move the factory unit. I found a metra harness that I would use to install an aftermarket unit but it only has power and speaker wires and it's setup for the EX system with integrated amp. I need the end that matches the plug into the stereo too. Metra has that part number, but not all of the pins are there.

#21 · (Edited)
You can buy a second harness and add the pins from it into the one your using, just make sure to keep them labeled correctly since you would obviously have some duplicate colors.

#23 ·
posting here cause i just woke up and my thread search and read limit seems to be around 3 (no but really ill keep looking, but i know someone *cough* like bigal would know this right away)

WHERE is the stock amp? :D ive heard it is on the right side down by the stock sub? correct? if not please correct me :)

going to start pulling the E apart cause the speakers should be here in a few days :D

#24 ·
WHERE is the stock amp? :D ive heard it is on the right side down by the stock sub? correct? if not please correct me :)
Passenger side kickpanel just in front of the door.

#26 ·
amp connectors and schematic

for those that need it.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
I've asked a moderator to sticky some of the more relevant audio integration stuff since most of what is currently a sticky is not wrong, but not the best/easiest way to do it.

#30 ·
Do you know where the constant power is connected to the Amp?
I saw B+ on the schematic ( the blue/orn) is that the constant and do you know which pin it is connected to?
Yeah...it's constant power...pin A11 at the amp.

#29 ·
Hey Al, you've got questions to answer here. What a great job in the charts.
Nice and clear. I don't understand much of it, but they're great.
Regards,
jurn

#32 ·
remote

Any idea how the remote pin works with the 05-06 model which has pin one as the cd- and pin 2 as the cd+. Appears to not have the same set up as the other years. I tried remoting to pin one without effect , have now to try to remote to pin two but don't know what would hook up to pin one as the negative line to the remote( CD set up for the 06 model) I did look at the Motherboard of the Amp and found the pins 1 and 2 as pin one CD_ and pin2 as CD+
But what attaches to pin one CD-?
I shall try the harness connector with the blue lead that I am using from the Amp and then the CD+ remote from the outgoing harness from the HU.And see if this gives the necessary conductivity.