Honda Element Owners Club banner

Complete OEM Audio Schematic for EX and SC (amplified)

117K views 80 replies 41 participants last post by  DonRics 
#1 ·
I got a tech manual a few days ago and thought this would be useful information to post. I tried scanning the page but it was hard to read so I decided to make up my own using the manual as a guide. I hope it's not too confusing. ;-)

Attachments

See less See more
#41 · (Edited)
what is a stock amp in a 2008 sc 7 speaker system rated at? wts per speaker or total?
Also I had a pro install the DD head unit and he hooked the sub as described in these threads but it doesnt sound as it did with the stock HU also there is a slight buzzing noise only heard between songs or volume is turned down - seems to also to be present when you dim the dash lights ( clarion nx409).

i want to install some speakers into the car BUT every manufacturer has different ideas
polk 5.25" db5251,or MM5251 yes , 6.5" no
pioneer 5.25" yes 6.5" yes (TS-D1720C or TS-D1320C)

what is the depth of the rear door and front door without cutting the weather protector cup ?

#42 ·
I'm not quite understanding how the xm receiver is setup. Is there a separate box somewhere that I haven't seen? What I'm really interested in is using the stock antenna with my aftermarket xm. I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find it.

#43 ·
it is behind the cargo area trim on the passenger side. you may need an adaptor to use the stock antenna with an aftermarket tuner.

#44 ·
Now that you mention it, I definitely remember learning that, as well as seeing it when I was putting sound deadening down. Could I cut the antenna wire going to the receiver and then splice that to an xm antenna cable (with the actual antenna cut off) and plug that into my aftermarket receiver? Has anyone done this?

#47 ·
the antennas are extremely touchy, as in if you kink them they will fail. trying to reattach a different end from another canabalized antenna is not a good idea. not to say i cant be done, just wouldnt recommend it. and the crimping i ment a new connector, not to put two different cables together. soldering is always best for that.

see thread below

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21653

#49 · (Edited)
This will probably make life easier too. I just got the 2007-2009 Official Honda Element Service Manual off eBay for $39 in near mint condition. Here is the EX and SC Non-Navigation Stereo with wiring diagram and schematics, including the external amp, in addition to the 2009 Navigation System with wiring diagram, schematics, and the location of the VSS (VSP) on the ECM/PCM behind the glove box.

http://web.me.com/peter.hillman/Site/photos/Element/EX_Stereo_Amp.pdf

http://web.me.com/peter.hillman/Site/photos/Element/2009_EX_Navigation.pdf

For Navigation users, you also want the EX and SC Non-Navigation document too because it has the wiring for the amplifier in Navigation equipped vehicles.

#52 ·
hey quick question, i still cant figure out why i cant hook up my factory 2007 sc sub up to my pioneer nav deck

so basically at my factory amp in the passenger kick, i cut color coded wires in order to run all the factory speakers just off my deck, without the factory amp.

i did this because i added my own component kit upfront,

now at the harness at the factory amp (which all them are still clipped in besides that fact i have the speaker wires together instead of in-out of the amp

i cut out the red/blue and red/white for the subwoofer, added my own patch cable and still have nothing. coming from it...

what do i still need to do? or is my factory amp not getting power from the different harness i used?

either way all the plugs on the amp ARE still plugged in

anyone? please help!! i hope this makes sence

#53 ·
2 nd XM antenna

I have built a roof rack for my car that goes over my factory AM/FM- XM antenna which interfears with reciption.....my question........

How do I install a second XM antenna ??? This antenna will be mounted ontop of the roof rack.........:?:?:?:?

Mr Java

#60 ·
BIG THANKS to BIG AL205!!!

I recently purchased a pre-owned 2008 Element SC loaded w/ 30k miles in almost mint condition. After, flipping my 04 DX all wheel drive four times, on a local interstate. I recovered my amp and speakers and tried to get the same deep bass sound out of my new E and it always came up short. I used the POV line out converter that plugged into my factor harness. It always came in way under. Tonight, after 6 months of dealing with the sub par sound. I came back to the E club determined to get my subs right. Because of BIG AL205's Wire diagram that he had drew up and UL to E club. I was able to cut in a pre-out cable into the sub pre-out on the Factory Head Unit and BAM!! I got my subs back. So,:grin: just want to say thanks for the time and the detail posts, you contribute to this site, Tony

#62 ·
I went off these Schematics to wire my 08 SC and they are completely off. Nothing lines up with my wiring. Colors are different, whats marks Remote is not remote... I need some help. I just need to know the left and right speaker leads (front or back) and the remote.

#63 ·
Used the Diagram on the first page and everything turned out great. Installed component set in the rear doors. Eliminated the stock sub. Used both channels for a Pre-amp converter to get signal to myt amp. Reason I didnt just tap into the Speakers was this way I have independent Sub-control. I can lower or raise the Sub by itself without having to raise or lower the bass on the door speakers. Thanks a lot guys.

Running Kenwood Components in rear doors
Stock front door speakers (For now)
Kicker CX1200.1 Amp
Kicker 10" L5 Solo-Baric in Kicker Slim style box

It hits really hard. Might upgrade to a 12"L5 to use up all the RPM power from this amp.

#68 ·
The wiring is NOT the same for all Elements. My own element has either a Civic or some other type of harness and neither Amazon Garage nor Metra was able to pinpoint the harness I needed. I actually had to use a later version harness than is listed for my Element. (supposed to be 40-HD10 Antenna and 70-7863 Amp retention harness) NOT A SINGLE PLUG MATED or was keyed to fit.

The best thing to do is to take a photo of your stock Head unit and post it online. I had to use the following parts to get a Kenwood HU in place:

Metra 70-1730 Amplified Harness (plugged right in to speakers and sub)
Metra 40-HD11 OEM Antenna to Aftermarket HU adapter. Plug and play.

I had to Eyeball these and pray I didnt fry anything, but it worked flawlessly.