Door panel removal DIY. Warning! image heavy - Page 6 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #51
djTA630
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD DX AT
Eternal Blue Pearl (EBP)

Looking for a simple part....

Hey Locksmith -

Great thread(s) - I've been following along and all this stuff is invaluable. Thanks so much for your knowledge.
For anyone following, I ended up purchasing the '
Dorman 746-302 Door Lock Actuator for Honda Accord/Civic/CR-V/Odyssey/Pilot Dorman 746-302 Door Lock Actuator for Honda Accord/Civic/CR-V/Odyssey/Pilot
' for $24.04 on Amazon, installed it - and it worked like a charm.

But I kind of screwed up.

On instruction #4 of this thread,
I inadvertently popped off (and lost?) the "c-clip" that you show in the first pic of the third post in the 'key won't turn, problem & fix' thread.

I've ran a magnet everywhere I thought it dropped - and can't seem to find it.
Is this a part I can find by just going to a Honda dealer? What should I ask for?
From what I've been reading, it's not unique to the Element.

I'm just looking for a way that I don't have to purchase an entire left door cylinder assembly like the one I found here.
Is this something I should ask from a local locksmith?

Once again - thanks so much for your help already with your great how-tos!

4WDEBP03DXA/T
Mudflaps|Rims|WheelLox|RemLox|SideSteps
SonyMinidiscDeck|10CDMP3Changer|4-AuxInWUSB|iPhone 5
"Due to your lack of planning, you want me to do WHAT?!"

Last edited by djTA630; 09-16-2012 at 11:21 PM.
djTA630 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #52
Locksmith
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 2WD LX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Try your local hardware store. Where they keep nuts and bolts, they should have c-clips there.

good luck
Pierre
Locksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #53
deltoro71
2003 4WD EX AT

Well, Locksmith. Looks easy enough. Happened to my son last night. Rolling window up and "pop" then window slid down. Hear the motor running, but window is tucked away. Thanks!!!
deltoro71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #54
Basset Box
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Just a warning to those looking to pull off the panel. Over time (in hot and dry climates in particular) the plastic gets brittle. 3 of the little white plugs stayed in the door and ripped out of the slots in the panel. I grabbed some JB weld to strengthen the area for the plugs in hopes that if I have to remove the door again, it won't break. This could just be a desert thing because most plugs in my bumper/engine area broke so I keep a steady supply of those when I need to remove something.

I was replacing a window regulator which plagues almost every care out here. Don't know if the special tool would have helped me but I may grab if to see if it does next time.

Weird thing I noticed doing that repair: Passenger window will not work via the driver side control without the passenger switch hooked up.

To Do List: HID retrofit.
Basset Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #55
AZelementman
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

2008 doors are different

Just FYI - the preceding works GREAT for earlier Elements, but I am trying to remove the door panel from my wife's 2008 and it is different. I don't know how different yet. One thing though - the little trim piece at the lower rear of the window was held on by 2 screws (well hidden from the outside rubber). I broke the screw nibs off by forcing the part, thinking it was only a friction fit. Will be able to fix them (JB Weld) but be careful with 2008 and later. Other than the two broken screws, everything else seems to go as described above. I'll let you know if different. BTW - I am removing the door panel to fix a broken window clip - window no longer goes up or down. I did this with my 2006 too. Mostly requires jerry-rigging when you got to that point. I think I fabricated something out of copper for the 2006. If I come up with anything clever, I'll take a picture.

Steve

This piece...(borrowed from above)

Last edited by AZelementman; 10-07-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add picture, correct text
AZelementman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #56
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Neptunium
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

That part (right 72440-SCV-A00ZA, left 72480-SCV-A00ZA) is the same for all years.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #57
Basset Box
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

No screws on mine, which is an '07. Maybe you have an aftermarket replacement part?

To Do List: HID retrofit.
Basset Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #58
gallagher007
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Locksmith, this post was spot on for changing my door checkers. If anyone else takes this on, you don't have to take the plastic off of the panel, you can easily shimmy them in and out of the speaker holes. I would post pics, but it really is a minor step. First checker took me over 1 hour, second took about 1/2hr. Don't be afraid of your Element. One day, they will probably be known for their practicality, reliability, and easy repairs. They are the volkswagens of 2003-2011.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #59
ec121
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

I have to change my passenger side regulator. To keep the window up while waiting for parts. First cut the bad motor cables from the track. Then drill a hole in the track under the edge of the window carriage at the top of the track's up limit. Install the track and window. Push the window up then put a bolt or pin in the hole you drilled. No nut needed. The weight of the window will hold it in place. No plastic and tape needed that way.
ec121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #60
msaunders9430
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Yeah, I also broke the screw connectors inside the left side window trim when removing door panel to replace regulator. I'll try the JB Weld idea. Thanks AZelementman.
msaunders9430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Tags
door , lock , panel , removal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.