Honda Element Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brush Guard for the 10?

29K views 101 replies 37 participants last post by  lizzurd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I need help with my brush guard

I ordered a brush guard from Truck Gear Direct through ebay and the page says it will fit my 2009 Element. I tried mounting it today and I have ran into several problems, some of them I have fixed but an starting to get upset with the guard and had to take it off because I can't mount it completely.

It looks like it is mounting way too low and at the top where I am supposed to mount it near the headlight I have no way of mounting it because the brackets don't work in any position.

See less See more
#3 ·
I didn't specify, i just bought it and sen them the money via pay pal. I didn't have any option of specifying my order. I hope they give me a full refund or something :x I also wonder if the steelcraft ones really fit the 09..

#4 ·
Unfortunately, you ordered the exact same grille guard I did, and mine fits my E perfectly! My E is also a 2004....

The guard you ordered does not fit anything newer than 2008.

You need to package that up and send it back to Truck Gear Direct :-(

#5 ·
I hope they let me return it and they don't charge me to ship it back since then I'b be out $100 total shipping--$50 each way. If I do have to pay to return it I might just keep it and try to make new bottom plates to raise it because I think that it looks decent, just too low!

#6 ·
A good welding shop could fix that up in less than an 40 min. First thing to do is get the top to bolt into place before you go over there. You will have to take it off to go over the shop, but you will have all the details figured out in advance.

Once they see what the location is supposed to be the fabrication of the brackets is a breeze.

I would see if the manufacturer has an up dated bracket for it first. That would be the only change they would make.

Dom

#8 · (Edited)
Has nothing to do with the manufacturer! It's an E-bay item. They are a bulk parts peddler. They make their money by volume selling. They are usually less responsive than the company that makes the parts.

That's why I suggested he contact the manufacturer. They may have already fabricated a new mounting system.

Dom

#13 · (Edited)
Per the website:
"Return Policy: Please Contact us for a RMA CODE for all returns. Returns made after 14 days of delivery will not be accepted for any reason. No returns will be accepted if wrong item is purchased, modified by the buyer, damaged by the buyer or for any incidents at the buyers fault. We will only accept returns in cases of product defectiveness. All returns must be in original condition w/ all original equipment to qualify for a refund minus all shipping costs "

Let us know how you make out.

#14 ·
Update:

I called Truck Gear direct today becuase they never called me as they said they would inthe email. I was told to get dimenions for an upper bracket and that they would make me one. I mentioned that the gurd is too low because of the lower mounting brackets and asked if I could send them an appropriate design from AutoCad to have them made, She said yes and that they will help me anyway possible :) This is good news and good thing I know how to us drafting software, maybe because that is what I am going to school for :lol:

#17 · (Edited)
It's been awhile but now that I am on spring break from school I had a chance to do some measuring and tinkering. I came up with the best solution of moving the mounting bracket holes 2" forward and up on centers. I plan on sending out the drawing tomorrow and hopefully they will follow through and make the new brackets.

I think the guard looks "decent", not as good as it could if it was actually made for the 2009-10 models but still does's the job I guess.

first 2 pictures shows the comparison of spacing/ the profile change between models.

holes need moved up/forward as seen here

#18 ·
Anyone know if the brush guard for an 09 with fit a 10? So far all the places I've contacted tell me they have nothing for a 10, let me rephrase. I can get a bull bar to fit a 10, just can't get a wrap around brush guard. So my question to the guru's here; Will a wrap around style brush guard made for a 2009 E fit on a 2010 E?

Thanx in advance.

#19 ·
Anyone know if the brush guard for an 09 with fit a 10? So far all the places I've contacted tell me they have nothing for a 10, let me rephrase. I can get a bull bar to fit a 10, just can't get a wrap around brush guard. So my question to the guru's here; Will a wrap around style brush guard made for a 2009 E fit on a 2010 E?

Thanx in advance.
2009-2010's are identical.....If it fits a 2009 it will fit a 2010.

Where did you find a bush guard for a 2009?

#21 ·
They're probably mistaken about a brush guard fitting an 09-10 model. I have never seen one. Unfortunately, i HAVE seen 03-08 models advertised as 03-09, which means that some people have purchased (documented here on EOC) it and found upon installation that it doesn't fit.

#23 ·
Hunter Finally sent me my new brackets after designing them for them 3 months ago.... I mounted it on today and have decided that I think it looks really bad on the 2009, even though I really want a brushguard I think I'm going to sell this one and hope that someone actually makes one to fitit properly. Time to sell this one.

#24 ·
Sorry that you went through the troubles and weren't happy with the results, unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I love the brushguards, but I don't think it flows with the lines on the front of the new body style. I am considering the Hunter for my own E which is an 04, but I believe the bars are going to require a redesign to look good on the 09 and up. I am sure you won't have any problems selling that unit here on the forums. Let us know.

#26 ·
Brush / Grill Guard for 09-10

i've been looking for a brush/grill guard for my 09 Element for the last year and have had no luck at all... all the companies that make them for the 03-08 don't want to redesign for the new 09-10 models because they know they probably won't sell enough of them to make the retooling worthwhile... i was on the freeway last week (in Northern California) doing 70 mph in the fast lane and the guy in front of me hit a deer and his grill assembly just exploded with parts flying everywhere (i can't imagine his radiator didn't get damaged) and the deer was down in the fast lane with broken legs struggling to get up when i went by it... if the trans cooler in the bottom of the radiator gets damaged and leaks trans fluid you could burn up your trans very quickly if you don't pull over immediately and shut off your engine... if anyone knows of a company that makes a brush/grill guard for the redesigned 09-10 Element please post it...

#27 ·
i have been looking also and no luck. even with a full machine shop i cant really attempt a guard(no tube bender) im considering skid plates for the front/rear and will be doing a fuel tank plate for sure. i could even modify a guard if its atleast close to out design, but hate to spend that sort of cash and have it not even useable.

#29 ·
Nope. I doubt one will ever be made, especially since the Element has now been discontinued. It's not worth it tp any of the aftermarket manufacturers to produce one.

#31 ·
Looking to possibly get this for my 11' EX. As I was reading I saw that the top support brackets won't fit anything above 09', so I was just curious how sturdy it will be without them? Also, if anyone knows a place to get something similar to this for cheaper, please let me know, thanks!
Moved your thread into here. Your answer is in here. Basically, there is NO
guard that is made to fit the E after 08. Someone here did order one that
was "made" for the 09+ E, and the fit was horrible. It was basically the 03 - 08
E guard with different brackets. It did not fit correctly over the headlights, and
the mounting brackets were a joke. I cant find the post, maybe someone else
can post it up. As for how sturdy it would be without the top brackets, dont
even think about it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

#33 ·
Brush guard for 2011

Hi folks, I am looking for a brush guard and haven't had much luck to this point. Was going to buy the Aries ,but the vendor said was out of stock and couldn't get them anymore. Then I tried the hunter and the guy said he wouldn't sell it to me because the bumper for the 2011 was different and made the grill guard sit too low and not line up right.

I've got a brand new set of Hellas sitting on my table for a month now screaming to be put on. I could seriously use some help.

Thanks!

#37 ·
Please post pics of your bull bar if you get one. I too wish I could put some Hellas on my E but I've already wasted my getting an Aires and Hunter guard that were wrong fits and sent back. I've considered getting a bull bar but don't want it to stick out too far and look stupid. mounting for it should be the same for all the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.