Honda Element Owners Club banner

Jack & tool kit

10K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Brupp 
#1 ·
Does the element come with one? I've looked in the usual places, but I haven't found it yet. Or am I going to have to pick up an after market jack before I get a flat on the road?

#5 ·
A dealer would have them but at a premium price. At the salvage yard where my oldest son works they have tons of them in a big box. Pick several and return the ones that don't work (all modern cars have jacks that are very similar in form and operation).

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Mine was missing, bought mine at Honda Parts now, arrived about two days later. Trouble with going to a junkyard is getting one that fits in the spare well. Plus, all but one of the junkyards I visited did not have jacks available, apparently for insurance purposes. Just think of the guy pulling a transmission with a car on a spare tire jack.

#12 ·
WTB: OEM Tire Iron

So I went to change my flat tire and there was no Tire Iron in the spare tire well. Does anybody here have a used OEM Tire Iron for sale? Fortunately, I had an "X" wrench, but it couldn't operate the jack well. Where is a good source to get an OEM tire iron cheap?

#14 ·
#16 ·
Dealer owes me.

I feel that I should get one included with the vehicile purchase. I called the parts department, and they directed me to the Sales Manager of the Dealership. I left a Voice message for the sales manager expalining that I purchased the 2011 Honda Element new from their dealership and it did not contain the Tool Set. I feel that it should be included with the Vehicle. I will see if they ever call me back.

If Not, then I will have to order the tool set since it is not something that the dealer keeps in stock. Honda Part 8900-SCV-A00. If I order it, I will probably order through the dealership. I say this because even though online sites have it below MSRP, by the time you pay shipping, it is actually cheaper to pay full MSRP at the dealer without shipping.

Thanks for your help. With this forum, I was able to get the part #.

#17 ·
I called 3 local dealers and the cheapest price locally is $28.26 plus tax, so it is cheaper to pay the shipping and order it online!

#18 ·
Where Can I Get Jack Handle and Tire Iron?

My E didn't come with the jack handle and tire iron, does anyone know where I can get these? I'd like to get the stock ones if I can. I emailed H and A and they don't carry them or know where I can get them. Thank you guys!

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.