Honda Element Owners Club banner

2013 AutoGuide.com Reader's Choice Car of the Year Winners Announced

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Mcdirtymetal 
#1 · (Edited)
Letting you have your say, AutoGuide.com has tabulated the votes of its first ever Reader's Choice Car of the Year Awards with four winners in six categories and a major coup for Tesla and its new Model S electric luxury sedan.

"Polling readers, as well as reaching out to the over 30 million monthly visitors on the over 360 automotive forums that make up the AutoGuide.com network, the Reader's Choice Awards are about letting consumers pick their favorite new vehicles," said AutoGuide.com Editor-in-Chief Colum Wood. "By reaching out to car shoppers as well as to the enthusiasts on our many forums, we're able to take the pulse of what vehicles really resonate in the marketplace."

That said, it's clear the Tesla Model S is a fan favorite, taking home not only the overall Reader's Choice Car of the Year award, but also picking up awards in the Reader's Choice categories of Luxury Car of the Year and Green Car of the Year.

More: 2013 AutoGuide.com Reader's Choice Car of the Year Winners Announced on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Not Honda Element related, shouldn't thread be in Club-X?

(The award winners don't include the Element or even a "Honda". Second and third place nominees are losers, and don't count. So the "Honda Element/Headlines" section isn't appropriate.)

The forum is hosted by AutoGuide.com, but "Letting you have your say" - but only about what they let you speak about, is like letting you read whatever "they" choose for you to see, wherever "they" choose to display it.

If Honda put any credence in this type of survey, they could have hyped the Element by "comparing" it in a survey with the Mini Countryman, the Ford Transit Connect and the Dodge Sprinter, making the product called "Honda Element" appear to be more popular, which might have boosted "me-too" sales.

Instead, Honda chooses models whose continued production choice requires justification, then looks for surveys that seem to support their decisions.

They aren't alone. How many ads have you seen bragging about the number of vehicles "still on the road" which share nothing but the model name? One US truck manufacturer persistently uses selective comparisons to a competitor who changed the names of its directly-comparable models.

#6 · (Edited)
I don't think "Big Daddy" will be offended for my pointing out that the thread is unrelated to the Honda Element and belongs in Club-X. I don't expect to ever see another Element headline appear in that section.

If they do take offense, since we don't decorate for Christmas, and don't buy presents, the worst that could happen, would be they'd send someone to tramp through the mud surrounding my home, TP the city's tree, and get arrested. Burning down my house would be a blessing - I wouldn't have to keep fix it up to sell.
:060:

#7 · (Edited)
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Headlines
Lots of Element and/or Honda news links out there and we post them all right here so you don't have to dig around for them. Read through them and post a comment if you feel so inclined.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The RDX was on the list and that makes it Honda related news.......

#8 · (Edited)
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>
</TD><TD>Headlines
Lots of Element and/or Honda news links out there and we post them all right here so you don't have to dig around for them. Read through them and post a comment if you feel so inclined.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The RDX was on the list and that makes it Honda related news.......

AutoGuide's AcuraWorld http://www.acuraworld.com, covers the Acura. Its Headlines section says: "This section contains news articles related to the Acura family of vehicles as well as news articles related to Acuraworld.com". That other divisions of the same parent company make motorcycles, airplane engines, and vehicles doesn't get their headlines posted in that forum.

his is the Honda Element Owners Club, and the section is "HONDA ELEMENT\HEADLINES", not "Honda Element and/or Honda news\Headlines". That doesn't make the DriverChoice article verboten, but off-topic.

The EOC has a forum section:
"Club X - Off-Topic Discussions[/SIZE]
Wanna chat sports, movies, babes or something OTHER than your Element? This is the place for off-topic discussions." Since this is a discussion, not just a link to a headline, that's where it should be relocated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.